• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What it TOW currently lacking?
11-04-2006, 01:00 AM,
What it TOW currently lacking?
Does it have PBEM?

Does it have mortars yet?

Does it have infantry able to enter buildings?

What else is wrong with it?

It looks nice, but I really don't know if this is going to be a game that will fill the PBEM void. Not a lot of us have hours on end to sit around and commit to playing online.

Leto

Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2006, 01:45 AM,
RE: What it TOW currently lacking?
Flares for night battles would be nice.

As would a PBEM system.

Bootie
11-04-2006, 07:27 AM,
RE: What it TOW currently lacking?
I was disappointed by what I've seen so far in sample videos. The game aims for realism, but the trouble is, the more you get, the more you want. There's a middle ground here that just doesn't satisfy. The actual depiction of men and tanks is good, but the motion is off. The tanks just doesn't look realistic at all---they bound over shell holes like dune buggies, stop on a dime, and turn incredibly fast, all as if (ugh) they were part of an arcade game. The infantry, too, runs in little bursts, almost haphazardly, not smoothly. It's these sort of things that really make a game like this work.

Frankly, though it's much cruder with graphics, CM gives me more satisfaction in the motion. There's a slowness, and even awkwardness to it, that looks far more true. But maybe they're still working on the motion.

And I'm not sure how you can do PBEM in a real-time game? You don't plot your moves in advance for ToW, do you? I've only seen the videos.