• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

play date?
03-08-2007, 09:29 PM,
play date?
Anyone want to set up a playdate for icp/tcp?

that is we set up a battle, QB/Scenario, what ever... and we do it as PBEM to get the set up part done then do TCP/ICP for the battle. that way the long wait part is over and we can just battle.

So anyway, I can TCP/ICP on monday at around 9pm Mst time USA or 4am GMT... I could start as early as 5pm Mst or midnight GMT. I got the night off so I could go until the battle is over. though I must admit I am a concerned commmander (ie I spend a lot of time looking at the combat turn to see how all my boys are doing)...

I've only TCP/ICPed once back when I had dial-up so if you know how to do it (convert a PBEM to a TCP/ICP game) it would be helpful...

any takers...
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2007, 03:58 PM,
RE: play date?
let's try this agian...
I have May 21-23 off. does any one wish to set up a tcp/icp battle.
scenarios would be prefered because of less set up time needed, but I am willing to try anything...
Anyone?
05-20-2007, 06:10 PM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: play date?
To convert a PBEM game to TCP/IP play you need to do the following :

1) At an Orders Phase save the file by using the "Save" button. I label my files as follows : ASC v KenF 004IP - so I know its saved for an IP battle.

2) Quit the game

3) Restart the game and choose to start a new battle and opt to play as an TCP/IP game and wait for your opponent to join the battle.

To play a TCP/ IP game as a PBEM game :

1) Start the game and pick the saved game from the list of saved games and restart as a PBEM game

Hope this helps !

Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West