• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Is any body playing?
09-14-2007, 10:06 PM,
RE: Is any body playing?
Im playing more and more especially now there are more scenarios and QB maps to download..the patches are making it better all the time..realtime is excellant. I haven't played multiplayer yet, i would love to have a go at realtime H2H.This is the future lads and its great
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2007, 10:26 PM,
Hi,
I got a game running with pioneer[RT] and MGK. I really like this game. I have time for 3 more games, though. So I really like to start some new ones!!!;)
Send this user an email
09-14-2007, 10:31 PM,
i am still playing the game with the new patch i am looking forward to play it on line to test the new patch
09-15-2007, 06:12 PM,
Imagine what its gonna be like when they release the WW2 version....
09-16-2007, 03:02 AM,
Sorry....maybe its me but I just cant understand wot anybody sees in this game.

1). Troops that walk in mid-air when crossing from building to building.
2). No line of sight even when the enemy is directly (ie. less than a metre!) adjacent.
3). Lines-of-sight that go through the ground (and buildings etc).
4). Troops that keep on advancing into enemy fire even after the lead elements have been blown away.
5). Hopeless pathfinding for vehicles
6). Hopeless AI
7). I could go on but I'm getting bored..........

- falco.
09-16-2007, 06:33 AM,
It's all about abstraction, Falco :) The newest rave in wargames
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.
09-16-2007, 05:23 PM,
It just hasn't grabbed me in the same way BO, AK & BB did, for me CM is all about the QB and randomly generated maps making no two battles the same. I know new maps are available for downloading over at CM:Mods but we are still stuck with what ever BF have given us as troop selection and for me half the fun is selecting your troops.

I have looked into the editor to see what red troops have and there are some rare types which would throw a curve ball on any US troops in a QB but sadly we can't select them.

As it stands I am disapointed with it overall but it does have potential with some work.
I am proud to be British but I thank god that I am Welsh
09-16-2007, 09:46 PM,
RedDevil Wrote:It's all about abstraction, Falco :) The newest rave in wargames

Yes, I suppose so. I guess I 'just dont get it.' (to quote Steve the BF forum moderator). ;)

- falco. :chin:
09-17-2007, 04:58 AM,
yes I cant understand this game, its not a game that will grab me .After trying to play it a few times it just leaves me cold and uninterested. RIP CM :-(
10-14-2007, 04:35 AM,
Yeah, I have been posting a lot on BF trying to get them to fix a number of issues. They are working on patching the game, and we can only hope they continue to improve the game. I am supporting them in the hopes that we will see a WWII version that is every bit as good as the CM we all know and love. Steve at BF seems rather flippent about some of the complaints, and that some of us "just don't get it", but I think it is the other way around, they just don't get it. It is almost like CMSF was designed by a completly new design team, that sort of got close to CM, but failed to include so many basic fetures and choices that made CM1 so great.