• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HERROBERST BEATS THE POS STACK AGAIN!
11-12-2007, 05:07 PM,
RE: HERROBERST BEATS THE POS STACK AGAIN!
DevilThomas Wrote:So as I understand it...HerrOberst had played this scenario before?

The very idea shocks me, HerrOberst. You can tell by this smilie: Eek

I consider you one of the best players at the Blitz, and it's been my experience that the best of players only play scenarios once. It's shameful that you'd do such a thing. It's even more shameful that you'd so publicly brag about beating someone at a scenario you've played twice. My goodness...the gall.

;)
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2007, 07:32 PM,
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Leto quote - BTW, do you know if he has received my emails? I've sent him two letting him know that he's up to bat, but have heard nothing...
--------------------------------------------------

That's your story mate...
You've been dodging a Tigers v Fireflies rematch for 12 weeks now..
And you completely dodged even entering Brits v 21Pz..

But that's all academic anyway, I've said all along I'm leaving Blitz as soon as the Pripet Tourney's finished, and it's just finished..:)

I do all my serious fighting in the Wargames-Player Club where I've been a member for the past 3 years, (Played 13 there so far this year and Lost 0) and its a bit too draining to do stuff at Blitz at the same time.

However I might pop back here from time to time with a new Challenge Competition or whatever when I feel like doing some slapping around..
(I played a total of 22 Tigs v Firefs/ Brits v 21Pz and only lost 5, catch mah drift boy?)

I was close
11-12-2007, 11:24 PM,
Before you all start trying to pick on me over a non issue let it be known that POS knew I had played this before as I explained to him the nature of the scenario and I let him choose the side. That seems fair to me. Moreover, my record of games played is on display for all to see in the Ladder. If POS disagrees, I will delete the game from my record as a win.

My ribbing of POS was completely in jest and I believe he took it that way. Given the response to the ribbing from other players non-solicited I guess I will not do that again in public forum. POS is afterall ultimately very ribbable as you all know.

I play alot of games and I have a lot of fun with them but athough I am number five in games played I am several pages back in ELO rating... I recently challenged the top five ELO players... no takers... all too busy. But as far as the compliments relating to my skill as a player, I do appreciate the comments, but as my record shows, I get beat all the time... maybe because I will accept most any challenge and sometimes I get caught by a gamey design. No biggie, still fun to see if I can pull it off despite the odds.

I like this forum and I like the games and I look forward to playing all of you at one time or another.
11-13-2007, 12:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-13-2007, 12:56 AM by Pol.)
Wow, I didn't want to start anti-herroberst hunt here.
From POS's post I understood, that he has seen both sides before the fight commenced ('I chose Germans even though I knew the odds would be against me'). So apparently both players knew what force they were opposing, seems fair enough to me.
11-13-2007, 01:04 AM,
I didn't take your comment that way. Thanks. Lets just drop the subject as not worth the candle so to speak. If you're up for another game send me a file.
11-13-2007, 01:17 AM,
herroberst Wrote:I recently challenged the top five ELO players... no takers... all too busy.

Hey! I accepted your challenge?!?

: )

Cheers!

Leto
11-13-2007, 01:30 AM,
Very true. Thanks Leto, awaiting next file! :)
11-13-2007, 01:32 AM,
herroberst Wrote:Very true. Thanks Leto, awaiting next file! :)

I'm awaiting yours? If you sent, please send again forthwith and forsooth.

Cheers!

Leto
11-13-2007, 01:34 AM,
[hirr Wrote:Leto]
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Leto quote - BTW, do you know if he has received my emails? I've sent him two letting him know that he's up to bat, but have heard nothing...
--------------------------------------------------

That's your story mate...
You've been dodging a Tigers v Fireflies rematch for 12 weeks now..
And you completely dodged even entering Brits v 21Pz..

But that's all academic anyway, I've said all along I'm leaving Blitz as soon as the Pripet Tourney's finished, and it's just finished..:)

I do all my serious fighting in the Wargames-Player Club where I've been a member for the past 3 years, (Played 13 there so far this year and Lost 0) and its a bit too draining to do stuff at Blitz at the same time.

However I might pop back here from time to time with a new Challenge Competition or whatever when I feel like doing some slapping around..
(I played a total of 22 Tigs v Firefs/ Brits v 21Pz and only lost 5, catch mah drift boy?)

[Image: etcha2.jpg]

Alright, looks like POS is not interested in playing... you're up Vic...

Cheers!

Leto

Okay guys, I am immodestly nominating this one for best comedy piece of the year here at the blitz (parody of POS making his own medals on an etchasketch)... come on, this is gold people.

Cheers!

Leto
11-13-2007, 02:31 AM,
PoorOldSpike Wrote:[Image: etcha2.jpg]

Alright, looks like POS is not interested in playing... you're up Vic...

Cheers!

Leto

Okay guys, I am immodestly nominating this one for best comedy piece of the year here at the blitz (parody of POS making his own medals on an etchasketch)... come on, this is gold people.

Cheers!

Leto

Sorry Leto. Although it is good - laughing at all the taco comments in your game against the coil is better. That and laughing at the coil!