• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Well Done, That Man!
12-12-2007, 01:12 AM,
Well Done, That Man!
Thanks for rejoining our ranks, POS. Your posts are always interesting and informative and I appreciate the mini-tourneys.;)
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2007, 02:25 AM,
RE: Well Done, That Man!
Thanks mate, incidentally I shall be putting up a silver cup for all my competitions from now on, rather than a metal tank paperweight because gleaming cups look better and have a 'forever' quality about them.
As I've said before, long after the earth has exploded in some catatrophe, there'll still be debris floating around out among the stars..

"What are they commander?"

"Probes of ancient origin"

[Image: Artifacts.png]
12-12-2007, 02:27 AM,
Well, personally I would prefer another armored fighting vehicle but it is your tournament so cheesy plastic silver cups it is!:)
12-12-2007, 02:28 AM,
herroberst Wrote:Thanks for rejoining our ranks, POS. Your posts are always interesting and informative and I appreciate the mini-tourneys.;)

I agree :)
12-12-2007, 02:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-12-2007, 02:41 AM by RNL Tiger.)
herroberst Wrote:Well, personally I would prefer another armored fighting vehicle but it is your tournament so cheesy plastic silver cups it is!:)

I agree on this too [!] although it may be a little while before I can get one to start my collection, so it's somewhat academic at the moment...:)
12-12-2007, 02:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-12-2007, 02:59 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
Alright alright, the winner can choose between a metal model tank or a cup, he can even have a Barbie doll if he wants, it's no skin off my nose..
In fact a tank costs far less airmail postage and insurance than a valuable heavy silver cup..:)

He can choose any tank type from any of the ranges of models available around £12 (20 dollars), for example -

[Image: t34model.jpg]

http://www.anticsonline.co.uk/1427_1.html
12-12-2007, 04:43 AM,
I'll comment that these cups are pretty nice and NOT plastic...
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.
12-12-2007, 03:10 PM,
RedDevil Wrote:I'll comment that these cups are pretty nice and NOT plastic...

They are indeed a top quality item and I was proud to receive one of POS ! :

[Image: PripetModsTrophy.jpg]
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
12-12-2007, 07:29 PM,
Incidentally when I was in the cup shop once, I sorted through them trying to find one without a blemish on the stone base, and eventually said to the shop assistant - "Have you got any without any marks on the bases, or are we supposed to try to polish them out?"
The whole shop went quiet and customers and staff stood staring at me in amazement as if I was a crackhead.
"What do you mean?" said the manageress,"those 'blemishes and marks' as you call them are simply natural striations within the stone and can't be polished out, they add to the value and character of the stone"
My face went bright red and I skulked out wearing a sheepish grin..
12-12-2007, 08:08 PM,
I agree well done POS. Heck the tanks or cups look cool as hell. If I ever got one I would put it in a place of honor in my house.