• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Graphic problems
01-12-2008, 07:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-12-2008, 08:00 AM by Phil Davies (FGM) .)
Off Topic  Graphic problems
I have just fitted a new graphic card to my PC, it's a 258MB GDD3 memory ATI Sapphire HD 3850. All my other programs run very well and the difference between what I had and now what I have is just great, my only problem is that when I load up BB or AK the text on the load up screen and the playing screen appears as a white block and text is not visable. Also when I rotate the camera it is slow and jerky. This all quite the opposite of what I expected for the CM games. So my question is if you haven't been able to work it out is does anyone know why this is happening when everything else is running just great :conf:
I am proud to be British but I thank god that I am Welsh
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2008, 08:04 AM,
RE: Graphic problems
I don't buy ATI cards but I know that Kineas does, (he just cleared the display of fog problem that ATI cards have/had), so perhaps a PM to him might help?
01-12-2008, 10:24 AM,
Just dealt with the same issue. Check out my post on the ATI card a couple days ago. There is a link provided for the text fix or you will have to try to fiddle with the anti-aliasing.
01-12-2008, 10:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-12-2008, 10:50 AM by Phil Davies (FGM) .)
I saw the previous post just after I made this thread ..lol I downloaded the file and it work great for getting the text back but the camera is still slow and jerky also I forgot to mention I have five black blocks across the screen, one game has even crashed on me twice when I have tried to play it :angry:
As for altering the settings I really don't know what's the best ones to put it on for CM, also seems like it could be a pain altering the settings all the time:hissy:
I am proud to be British but I thank god that I am Welsh
01-12-2008, 03:34 PM,
Well, i remember reading somewhere that CM had issues with the anti-aliasing part of the ATI cards. I found that things worked best with settings just on the better quality side with my old ATI card. This one has none of those effects so can run the game where I want to, I just used the text fix and called it a day. I don't know what would cause it to run jerky, mine runs flat out fast now, have you tried different resolutions? Just a thought.
01-12-2008, 09:24 PM,
you can try to install these drivers
http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati_winxp.php

I have seen somewhere that older drivers (7,7 I think) works better with CM

Unfortunately - there is no guarantee that it will work :(
Send this user an email