• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION
02-16-2008, 05:00 PM,
RE: THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION
It was a gamble. Thought I'd get those shrek teams into the building before you'd see them. Big miscalculation - on the first turn no less Eek
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2008, 06:25 PM,
thought I would mention - when you have the choice you dont want to fire schreks or zooks from buildings. That backblast will actually pin the shooter. I dont think piats have that problem.
02-17-2008, 03:07 AM,
COMBAT FOOTAGE (mixed sector) - John B50's Panther halts Sherman probe..

The Sherman was lucky to survive; it and its mate are reduced to a crawl by the rocky ground and unable to manoeuvre .
[Image: JB1.gif]
02-17-2008, 07:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-17-2008, 07:16 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE (woods sector) Kawaiku's German squad gives payback..

My Brit halfsquad saw the Germans running through the trees and opened up on them..
Bad call, Jerry was a full squad and fired back, wasting my boys..
[Image: KawQ-1.gif]
02-17-2008, 10:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-17-2008, 10:42 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE (city sector) - Owl stages classic armour-infantry cooperation action..

PIC 1 - His Stugs shell a Brit-occupied building..
[Image: Owlasst2.gif]

PIC 2 - The building falls..
[Image: OwlassA.gif]

PIC 3 - He sends in his troops to mop up the dazed Brit survivors..
[Image: Owlass3.gif]
02-17-2008, 01:11 PM,
Colonel Talvela Wrote:thought I would mention - when you have the choice you dont want to fire schreks or zooks from buildings. That backblast will actually pin the shooter. I dont think piats have that problem.

Thanks a lot! I should have remembered that, but may not have. Looks like they won't have much chance to get a shot off anyway...:P
02-18-2008, 03:00 AM,
COMBAT FOOTAGE (mixed sector) - Wombat's panzer punishes Sherman..

For turning its back on him..
[Image: Womback.gif]
02-18-2008, 06:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-18-2008, 06:27 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE (city sector) - Mad Baron turns up the heat..

His German flame guy dishes it out against my Brits in the building..
[Image: MBP.gif]

While in the mixed sector village his well-concealed schreck guy nobbles my probing Sherman..
[Image: MBN.gif]
02-18-2008, 08:21 AM,
Malitz Trophy was good fun, but the Trident Trophy map is outstanding. Like playing 3 games in one! So many options...like the recent use of even assault boats(''Wunderschiffe'')...!!??...brilliant!! Nearly as fun as the game-play itself, is POS's regular posting of all the various game screenshots and running commentary!!! It really keeps you glued to all the action going on!

Everyone wants to win, but even losing in these competitions is a fun road to travel, in the end.

My hat is off to POS! (And I can't wait to see what he might come up with NEXT...!!!)

~~MB

cheers
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
02-18-2008, 08:51 AM,
COMBAT FOOTAGE (mixed sector) - Feldfebels panzers blast their way into village..

"If the tank succeeds, the victory follows"- Gen. Guderian
[Image: FeldF.gif]

While in the woods sector his German platoon refuse to give ground in the face of my flame guy..
[Image: FeldG.gif]