• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION
02-20-2008, 07:09 AM,
RE: THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION
To everybody

I'm using mostly GIF-format screenshots for Trident, whereas in the past I've used mostly PNG's.
Let me know if GIF is displaying too dark/ too light/ too blurry etc.

Technically speaking PNG's are the best for pin-sharp clarity but their big filesize means they display (load) slower on some PC's, so I switched to GIF's because their filesize is only about one-third the size of PNG's, hence they display faster.
The only downside of GIF's is that they're a tiny bit less sharp than PNG's, but it's almost unnoticeable..:)

As for dear old JPEG, I rarely use it for screenshots any more because the sharpness is not too good (especially if you draw arrows and lines and text on it) although its fine for photographs.
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2008, 08:04 AM,
the quality of the screenshoots is good enough......

but the same ,tank 1 against tank 2 ,screenys are getting boring.sorry pos,but thats too much.if there is a nice tank-battle(like guderian in the city)its okay.but the same stug killed sherman (vis versa) screens are getting lame :coffee:
02-20-2008, 08:36 AM,
I would bet with a dozen or more games going at once, same map, somewhat similar battles will take place versus each opponent in each zone (pretty similar armor, infantry, etc.). So some battle footage is going to seem close to the same, to some degree, against everyone. And I'd guess POS just wants to get some footage in for each game, so each player gets to see his own fight represented.

So I would just sit back and enjoy the reports you like best....

OR....hey, maybe buy 2000 points worth of assault boats, snipers, and flamethrowers and hope for something REALLY bizarre!! Big Grin
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
02-20-2008, 08:44 AM,
Marshall666 Wrote:..but the same ,tank 1 against tank 2 ,screenys are getting boring..

Okay, is there anybody else besides Marshall who doesn't want me to post screenshots of your tanks killing mine?..;)
02-20-2008, 08:51 AM,
Nope! Keep doing what you're doing, POS!

I like all of it, personally.........:smoke:
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
02-20-2008, 09:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-20-2008, 09:25 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE (mixed sector) - Odie's faust-guys butcher Firefly..

They just ran through the trees, knelt and let fly..
[Image: ODJ.gif]
02-20-2008, 09:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-20-2008, 09:40 AM by Jobu88.)
Quote:Marshall666 Wrote:
..but the same ,tank 1 against tank 2 ,screenys are getting boring..

Heck no, everyone wants their moment of CM glory. The more photos the better. Plus I have enjoyed trying to glean intelligence tidbits about my game by looking at screen posts-- hmmmmm POS has Panzers in the city map against this guy, I wonder if he did the same against me?
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
02-20-2008, 09:50 AM,
Keep posting all the pictures you are currently posting. I enjoy it everytime I see something new, or something smart, or something born out of dumb luck.

Repetition is NOT a problem.
02-20-2008, 10:18 AM,
I did enjoyed all the pics so far, please keep them coming!
02-20-2008, 10:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-20-2008, 10:55 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
The AAR/DAR Forum is the place for long strategic writeups and stuff, that's what its for..:)
But I'm keeping Trident as a fast-moving fun series of comic-book action pictures ..:)

[Image: comicsA.png]