• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION
02-25-2008, 09:03 AM,
RE: THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION
Mad Baron Wrote:Just an idea to roll around. Perhaps just announce the current leader without scores? And announce a new leader if/when someone displaces the current leader?

i like that idea
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2008, 09:28 AM,
COMBAT FOOTAGE (city sector) - Lord Bane pincers out 2 Shermans..
Main pic - there the Shers were, minding their own business shelling enemy infantry to their front..
Inset - when suddenly 2 German squads appeared in their rear and the fausts began flying, followed a few seconds later by a Hetzers muzzle blast at top..
Result - 2 dead Shers for no Ger losses..
[Image: Huz-shers.gif]
02-25-2008, 10:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-28-2008, 04:44 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RESULT JUST IN - Mad Baron v POS = Draw

Mad Baron bought a nearly all-infantry force and it totally dominated the woods sector, but lacked the armoured support to punch in the city and mixed sectors.
Nevertheless it was a close run thing, there were only 2 points between us in the final scoreline.
(I can openly mention the exact score like this because only winning scores stay secret til the end of the tourney)
[Image: MB-endA.png]

Jungle fighters - Mad Barons Germans completely over-ran my infantry garrison in the woods sector and wiped them out to a man..
[Image: MB-end-inf.gif]

GAMES FINISHED SO FAR (Feb 24th) - 5/24
(POS-beaters listed in order of finishing, NOT in order of highest scores)

DasTiger beat POS
Elltee beat POS
Jobu beat POS
Feldfebel beat POS

POS record so far - Played 5, Won 1, Lost 4
02-25-2008, 10:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-25-2008, 11:44 AM by Colonel Talvela.)
[quote=PoorOldSpike]
COMBAT FOOTAGE (city sector) - POS metal continues to be invincible

I am beginning to feel like Sarah Connor fighting the terminator. It really is rediculous.

Here a tank gets to close to one of my squads. Two rifle grenades miss, but then the squad throws a grenade 40m... and gets a hit . But no damage. Why he doesnt throw a satchel ... only the wicked CM gods know.
[Image: zook17.jpg]
----------------
Next turn, the tanks run away, and park 18m - EIGHTEEN METERS - from my bazooka man. FIRST SHOT MISSES. EIGHTEEN F!@#ING METERS.The tank is broadside and not moving. His next and last bazooka round gets a penetration - but once again does not kill the metal bastard. Immobilization - not the ideal location - but I have a flamer that only has to run across the street and torch him on the next turn.
[Image: zook16.jpg]
So next turn the flamer runs across the street, stops 24m away. Fires. MISSES. ARRRGGGG. Fires again. MISSES AGAIN. Only this time he sets the building on fire and decides to run back across the street and out of LOS

----------------
Next turn. Cpl Coward runs across some pavement - aims - fires - contact - NO DAMAGE. 1 second later he throws down his bazooka.
[Image: zook15.jpg]

Stuff like this is seriously bad for my blood pressure. At first it was funny. It isnt funny anymore.
02-25-2008, 11:35 AM,
Colonel Talvela Wrote:.....Stuff like this is seriously bad for my blood pressure. At first it was funny. It isnt funny anymore.

Waddya say Oddball?
"Like er...just go with the flow man and knock off those negative waves.."
[Image: kellys.jpg]

How about you Kelly?
"The guy who surrendered was out of command, his team-mate was dead, he was only regular, the zook backblast gave him the jitters and mebbe he was out of rockets.
As for the satchel guy, he couldn't throw far enough, 30 metres is about his pitching limit.
And on top of everything, the burning building must have spooked the bazookaman and flame guy who were in it.."
02-25-2008, 01:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-25-2008, 01:41 PM by Mad Baron.)
I had sent POS a screenshot of what my strategy had been in our game, and he recommended sharing it with everyone. So I spruced it up a little more, and present it here. Sorry you will have to click on the attachment, but I don't have that other system everyone is using yet!

I never really expected I would be a contender for the biggest win, so was mainly just hoping to pull out a minor or perhaps a tactical win if things went well......cheers

Oh well, a draw isn't so bad, and it was certainly an interesting map to battle on! ;)

Attached Files
.jpg   trident2.JPG (Size: 129.78 KB / Downloads: 32)
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
02-25-2008, 02:43 PM,
COMBAT FOOTAGE (city sector) John B50's Panther shrugs off Sherman attack..

Main pic - while the Panther (which is green) is shelling the church I order my Sher 75 to race fast to the tip of the arrow and shoot him in the back, hehe..
Inset - the Sher arrives neatly at the firing point with turret pre-set to 3 o' clock and fires twice but both ping off the Panths turret front!
The Panth fires back a second later and wrecks the Sherman..
[Image: JB-panH.gif]
02-26-2008, 12:19 AM,
:bow:Poor Old Spike,
If it is not to late I would like to give this a try. I'll take the mighty Axis. warhammer11a at gmail dot com
thanks,
warhammer11aWhip
02-26-2008, 09:28 AM,
COMBAT FOOTAGE (mixed sector) - Owl's assault guns rip Firefly apart in crossfire..

[Image: OwlK-1.gif]
02-26-2008, 09:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-26-2008, 09:51 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
WarHammer11A Wrote:I'll take the mighty Axis.

Okay mate you're in, check your mail..:)
Competition ends midnight March 31st, my tourneys always attract the Fastest Players in the World, piece o' cake..:)

[Image: another-yard.jpg]