• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION
02-27-2008, 07:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2008, 12:13 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION
COMBAT FOOTAGE (woods sector) - Kawaiku's German squad ambushes green Brit patrol..

Sgt North routs south..
[Image: Kaw-T.gif]

Hey Barnes, what would you say to North?
"Take the pain! TAKE THE PAIN!"
[Image: Barnes.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2008, 10:49 PM,
i think LORD BANE is the top-scorer in the moment.he captured all flags and makes prisoners.okay,i dont know about his casualties,but if you take the field so clearly,he dont have much of troops lost! :soap:
02-28-2008, 04:20 AM,
RESULT JUST IN - Colonel Talvela beat POS

Same pattern as in most of my other defeats, my armour-heavy force did well in the mixed centre, but came a cropper in the city..
[Image: CT-end.png]

A city in flames, Colonel Talvelas engineers drive out the Germans.. (note my tank reversing)
[Image: CT-end-cit.gif]

With their backs against a marsh,my single inf platoon in the woods sector was surrounded and pocketed..
[Image: CT-end-inf.gif]
02-28-2008, 04:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-28-2008, 04:39 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
GAMES FINISHED SO FAR (Feb 27th) - 9/25

(POS-beaters listed in order of finishing, NOT in order of highest scores)

DasTiger beat POS
Elltee beat POS
Jobu beat POS
Feldfebel beat POS
Marshall666 beat POS
Lord Bane beat POS
John B50 beat POS
Colonel Talvela beat POS

POS record so far - Played 9, Won 1, Lost 8
02-28-2008, 05:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-28-2008, 05:20 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE (city sector) - Huzaar's South African piat guy sends clear message- "Armour and cities don't mix"

In fact it cuts both ways, there are also 3 dead Hellcats in the frame besides the two kaput panzers..
Every window seemed to be bristling with piats/ fausts/ schrecks..
[Image: Huz-piat.gif]
02-28-2008, 06:03 AM,
COMBAT FOOTAGE (woods sector) - Bert Blitzkriegs Sherman 105mm encounters a German patrol on the forest track..

[Image: BB-sh105.gif]
02-28-2008, 07:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-28-2008, 07:40 AM by willow.)
Screenies from POS v. Willow - desperation in the mixed sector...
As noted earlier I've been whipped by POS in the central sector. That Hetzer graveyard should be just visible in the top right.

Well, a few minutes left, so I am hoping to sneak through those trees, and maybe bag a Sherman at least....

[Image: Lasthope.png]

OK, cue the Aerosmith lol

[Image: Curses.png]

I am hoping that my performance elsewhere may at least get me a small victory, or draw at least :)

(For those perhaps fortunate enough not to know who Aerosmith is, they have a song called "Dream On"...)
02-28-2008, 07:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-28-2008, 08:28 AM by willow.)
RE: Screenies...
Disregard...
02-28-2008, 04:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-28-2008, 06:03 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
RESULT JUST IN - RNL Tiger beat POS

RNL's infantry-heavy force completely dominated all the sectors and my armour-heavy force hadn't enough infantry to hold the line..
[Image: RNL-end.png]

My two Shermans at bottom centre were driven back by RNL's remorselessly-advancing tide of infantry..
[Image: RNL-endA.gif]

This is May 45 and most Ger squads have the lethal panzerfaust 60 and 100 (60m and 100m range) so Allied tanks have to keep a respectable distance from those babies..
[Image: RNL-endpf.gif]
---------------------------------------------------------

GAMES FINISHED SO FAR (Feb 28th) - 10/25

(POS-beaters listed in order of finishing, NOT in order of highest scores)

DasTiger beat POS
Elltee beat POS
Jobu beat POS
Feldfebel beat POS
Marshall666 beat POS
Lord Bane beat POS
John B50 beat POS
Colonel Talvela beat POS
RNL Tiger beat POS

POS record so far - Played 10, Won 1, Lost 9

PS - If some Trident players find our games have got 'Damp' ground, it simply means the computer has randomly decided to overule the 'Dry' parameter, it does that sometimes. (It occasionally did it in Malitz too)
Damp is no big deal, it just slows everything down a tiny fraction, and possibly slightly increases the bogging risk.
02-28-2008, 08:17 PM,
POS, out of curiousity, do you find it harder to fight as allied with the set parameters, or as german ? If so, could you say it is because your force-pick or despite (I mean, maybe you find, in hindsight, you've picked to many tanks) ?