• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION
02-28-2008, 08:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-28-2008, 09:17 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: THE TRIDENT TROPHY COMPETITION
BertBlitzkrieg (FGM) Wrote:POS, out of curiousity, do you find it harder to fight as allied with the set parameters, or as german ? If so, could you say it is because your force-pick or despite (I mean, maybe you find, in hindsight, you've picked to many tanks) ?

I'm making a long list of excuses to account for my abysmal record mate, number 18 on the list is -
"German armour is much better than Allied armour (Hetzers are especially tough cheap little gits), and as I let all my opponents choose sides, 16 chose German and 9 chose Allies, so I was at a handicap from the start"

Excuse 26 - "Although the central mixed sector was good tank country, it was far too narrow for me to do wide outflanking moves to hit his Hetzers in their sides, so I had to take most of them head on and watch my Sher 75 shots ping off"

Excuse 40 -
"I bought too many tanks (my usual bad habit) and didn't have enough infantry to occupy and hold ground"

Excuse 58 -
"I've only been committing one infantry platoon to the woods sector but it was quickly duffed up, so I've therefore been inadvertently handing the woods to my opponents on a platter all wrapped in pretty pink ribbon"

Excuse 295 -
"I've been regularly assigning a couple of tanks to the city sector but they never survived for long and were wasted because there were enemy zooks/piats/fausts/schrecks poking out of every window"

Excuse 1298 - "I've been buying mostly veteran infantry but am very disappointed with them, I should have bought regulars which are cheaper and I could have afforded more"

Excuse 5942 - "My opponents German squads come auto-equipped with panzerfausts but American squads only have wimpy rifle-grenades, and the Brit squads don't have anything at all"
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2008, 11:12 PM,
COMBAT FOOTAGE (city sector) - Zilkins schreck guy shoots Sherman in the back..

1 -My Sherman performs the Starfleet Hook Manoeuvre (green dotted line) to race behind the Hetzer and shoot it dead..
2 - The schreck puts slugs into the back and side of the Sherm and the action ends with one dead tank each..
[Image: Zil-schk.gif]

[Image: backshot.jpg]
02-29-2008, 12:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-29-2008, 01:04 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE (mixed sector) - Warhammer11A deploys gun..

I'm getting a bad feeling about this..
[Image: Warh.gif]

"A gun's just a tool, no better or worse than the man using it, remember that"
[Image: shane.jpg]
02-29-2008, 03:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-29-2008, 03:41 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RESULT JUST IN - Owl beat POS

Owl dominated the woods, forced his way into the city, and stalemated the centre..
[Image: Owl-end-1.png]

My Shermans (inc 2x Fireflies) couldn't break into the village against Owl's Hetzer wall..
[Image: Owl-endA.gif]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMES FINISHED SO FAR (Feb 28th) - 11/25

(POS-beaters listed in order of finishing, NOT in order of highest scores)

DasTiger beat POS
Elltee beat POS
Jobu beat POS
Feldfebel beat POS
Marshall666 beat POS
Lord Bane beat POS
John B50 beat POS
Colonel Talvela beat POS
RNL Tiger beat POS
Owl beat POS

POS record so far - Played 11, Won 1, Lost 10
02-29-2008, 04:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-29-2008, 04:16 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE (city sector) - Kawaiku wrecks 2 Shermans..

I sent them racing fast and deep behind his lines looking for trouble and they found it..
[Image: Kaw-faust.gif]
02-29-2008, 08:04 AM,
COMBAT FOOTAGE (city sector) - Bert Blitzkriegs Shermans on top of the world as they torch town..

[Image: BB-fir.gif]

"huuuuh....huuuuh....huuuuh"
[Image: cagney.jpg]
02-29-2008, 05:37 PM,
COMBAT FOOTAGE (city sector) - Stndrtnfhr's Hetzers laugh off hits..

It's only turn 1 and already my Sher 75 shots are pinging..
The Shers then auto-reversed to safety before the Hetzers could return fire..
Groan, it's going to be a long hard battle..
[Image: Stnd-Het.gif]
02-29-2008, 06:49 PM,
You know I love hertzers too but their ammo load sucks especially machine gun. you should try just runnning around them with infantry. try backing off and smoking them too.
02-29-2008, 07:30 PM,
COMBAT FOOTAGE (woods sector) - Zilkins flame guy upsets family..

[Image: flamm.gif]

"Goodnight John-Boy"
"Goodnight Mom"
"Goodnight Pa"
"Goodnight Mary Ellen"
"Goodnight Jim Bob"
"Pa, I think I can hear a German flamethrower in the vegetable patch"
"Hush now Erin, I'm sure it's only the sound of the wind in the trees"..

[Image: Waltons.jpg]
02-29-2008, 07:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-29-2008, 08:04 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
COMBAT FOOTAGE (mixed sector) -Odies squad advances in teeth of Sherman fire..

The Sherman blasted them twice as they ran through the vineyard, hosed them with MG fire, but still they gained the sanctuary of the church.. (inset)
[Image: Odies-inf.gif]