• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

fall back foxholes?
05-31-2008, 07:06 AM,
fall back foxholes?
I'm working on a new battle. How do i credit the defender with adittional foxholes??

greets owl
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2008, 08:35 AM,
RE: fall back foxholes?
set it up as an assault
06-06-2008, 03:41 AM,
Learn something new every day!

I recalled this post as I'm setting up as defender in a small Assault QB. I thought I'd get to purchase foxholes (I guess I've never played many defense games--or just over-looked all this before) and now see in Set-Up phase I can hit Alt-F to go to a foxhole placement mode, with something like 23 free foxholes to place...

And I had been starting to think I would only have craters and purchased trenches to put my units in!

cheers
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
06-07-2008, 03:44 AM,
Mad Baron Wrote:And I had been starting to think I would only have craters and purchased trenches to put my units in!

Just to make sure, you do realize that every defending infantry unit or gun in an 'Attack' or 'Assault' starts in a foxhole by default? If you hit the 'Dig in' command during deployment, that foxhole will disappear, but it will reappear if you hit 'Dig in' again. Unfortunately, the foxholes are mostly concealed by the colored base, but you can see them if you view them at level 1 or 2. In one of the first attacks I played, my opponent finished his setup by clicking through his troops one at a time and commanding 'Dig in', thereby removing every entrenchment. In an 'Assault' you get a number of fallback foxholes equal to the number you got with the purchased units.
06-08-2008, 01:06 AM,
Look at the parameters, there you have 4 options, dig in with or without vehicles and the option create fallback foxholes.
Than on the map use the Alt functionbutton.

btw, simple hint: splitting up your squads gives you 2 foxholes instead of just 1 ;)
06-08-2008, 06:43 AM,
Well, this is all good-to-know stuff! I learned about the default starting foxholes the hard way!--seeing them after setup--haha. Guess I just haven't defended in Attack or Assault games much, if at all.

But I'll keep all this in mind for future reference!....thanks! ;)
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."