• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CM as popular as ever..:)
07-11-2008, 07:44 PM,
RE: CM as popular as ever..:)
I'll think you'll find that any 'geek' that's any good is doing quite nicely anyway, and as Zemke has already said, any 'geek' who'se a member of this site probably wouldn't feel the need your partnership.

As for raising funds through on-site advertising and getting paid per 'hit', I think you'll find that your talking pence, (cents), not a pound/dollar a go.

There are loads of forums talking about site design and internet marketing, try posting there; although I would suggest not using the term 'geek' when referring to programers and web designers, (they tend to somewhat sensitive types, don't yer know!)
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2008, 10:17 PM,
Kelen Wrote:..although I would suggest not using the term 'geek' when referring to programers and web designers, (they tend to somewhat sensitive types, don't yer know!)

WIKI - "This word comes from English dialect geek, geck: fool, freak; from Low German geck, from Middle Low German. The root geck still survives in Dutch gek: crazy.."
07-12-2008, 02:18 AM,
PoorOldSpike Wrote:
Kelen Wrote:..although I would suggest not using the term 'geek' when referring to programers and web designers, (they tend to somewhat sensitive types, don't yer know!)

WIKI - "This word comes from English dialect geek, geck: fool, freak; from Low German geck, from Middle Low German. The root geck still survives in Dutch gek: crazy.."

:rolleyes: Yes, being English I am well aware of what it means, and where it came from. As I was implying, calling someone a fool and a freak probably won't won't endear you to them.
07-12-2008, 02:29 AM,
yeh Mick they prolly want to be called genius' :P
something more endearing will bring the love :)
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.
07-12-2008, 03:00 AM,
Kelen Wrote:..being English I am well aware of what it means, and where it came from. As I was implying, calling someone a fool and a freak probably won't won't endear you to them.

Mate, I don't do 'endear myself to them' or to anybody else, I just go my own way regardless and people can either come along for the ride to fame and fortune or get left behind..;)
Er...who but a geek would want to be left behind anyway..?
07-12-2008, 03:10 AM,
RedDevil Wrote:yeh Mick they prolly want to be called genius' :P
something more endearing will bring the love :)

Yah mate, in fact geeks sometimes form small game companies themselves (I won't mention names) and once in a blue moon miraculously produce a good game but then haven't the brains to follow up on their success with a range of expansion packs etc.
I actually offered to help one bunch develop and playtest such stuff, and reeled off my 'credentials', but they mumbled something about 'not liking my attitude' so I left them to it, and they've stumbled from one poor business blunder to another ever since..
Obviously they only want in-house sycophantic yes-men to toady up to them, and I don't fit the bill..;)
07-12-2008, 06:15 AM,
POS, 50$/hour and I'm all yours. (For wargame development that is).
07-12-2008, 09:32 AM,
My thats only £25 an hour... if your really good you could crank a classic wargame out in 4 hours... thats £100. LOL
07-15-2008, 10:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-15-2008, 10:07 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
In fact I was a paid playtester at Cases over 20 years ago, I worked on Desert Rats, Vulcan and Zulu Wars..

PS- I see they're apparently still available on the net after all these years, wow, quality tells..;)
http://www.clive.nl/publishers/ccs/
07-16-2008, 02:28 AM,
I remember a guy who had the same idea that POS . I don't know if you can remember Eichembaum and his Operation Storfang ... he was doing a very good job with that Operation , building historical maps using old campaing maps , searching for the OOB ... but he became tired of t he CM limitations and tried to star his own game .
I don't know if he is stil working on it because his wepage never has been uptadted , but I supose that if you are interested you can sen him a mail .

http://www.eichenbaum.org/