• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Reinforcements
07-29-2008, 05:40 PM,
Reinforcements
While I think CM is the best thing since sliced bread, I have this thing about when reinforcements arrive, in some scenario's I find that a platoon leader as got no contact with is platoon there staring me in the face is the dreaded BLACK lines, I feel if they they arrived in there own unit I could send them of in the direction I want them to go and remain in contact with each other......What pet hates have you guys got about CM ........Curious

cheers Ted
REAL OPPONENTS SEE THE BATTLE OUT TO THE END, WINNING OR LOSING
Quote this message in a reply
07-29-2008, 05:47 PM,
RE: Reinforcements
LOL... I love this game but some pet hates are....

Convoys - When you have a convoy and you have to set each one waypoints. With differing grades of unit (green, veteran) etc the trucks sometimes get stuck, reverse, drive forward.. hell even a green truck knows that if the one in front slows down they should to. Also you should be able to set one truck as convoy leader and mark the rest to follow.

Artillery - Hate it when you plot artillery in a 20 turn QB and it takes 25 minutes to call in. It shouldn't be in the OOB for selection.

QB Maps - they suck IMO.
07-29-2008, 06:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2008, 06:47 PM by Jobu88.)
Troops who have advanced towards a patch of woods or a building or some kind of cover, they are within 5 yards of reaching cover and they take fire ( not from the spot they're trying to reach) and they get pinned and start crawling. But do they crawl towards the cover that is only 5 yards away? Of course not! They crawl back over the same 50 yards of open space they just crossed, taking more fire the whole time. I hate that.

I hate trying to command Russian tanks in 1941-42.

And I hate playing Herr Oberst. I always have to go to the emergency room to get the boot out of my ass.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
07-29-2008, 11:58 PM,
I hate being forced to cycle through all of the knocked out vehicles I have during the orders phase. Why doesn't the program just skip over them? You can't order them to do anything anymore.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
07-30-2008, 01:05 AM,
Well, in that case I challenge JOBU88 to another game of his choice, preferably a scenario or operation :cool:
07-30-2008, 01:37 AM,
Like Hedgehog I find the way the game engine handles reinforcements very frustrating! :mad:
Just wish it copied the way the CS games brought on reinforcements...... so much easier! :)
07-30-2008, 03:17 AM,
Bootie Wrote:Convoys - When you have a convoy and you have to set each one waypoints. With differing grades of unit (green, veteran) etc the trucks sometimes get stuck, reverse, drive forward.. hell even a green truck knows that if the one in front slows down they should to. Also you should be able to set one truck as convoy leader and mark the rest to follow.

I am with you on that one Bootie. I always have the biggest traffic jams on large games.
Big Joe

**visit the H2H section and help the designers by testing their scenarios**