• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Need pbem opponents
12-24-2008, 01:34 AM,
Need pbem opponents
Hi All,

I'm looking for more dedicated pbem opponents for CMBB & CMAK (please, no disappearing acts need apply).

Because of my time-zone (Michigan, USA), I prefer N. America opponents, for the chance to swap more than one file a night.

However, I don't want to rule out the many fine opponents from Great Britain and Europe (as long as they are dedicated).

Cheers,
Ken
Quote this message in a reply
12-24-2008, 02:10 AM,
RE: Need pbem opponents
OK i prefer mirrored so sent me 2 files!

Owl
12-24-2008, 02:23 AM,
Im up for a game, i only play Operations so if you want to play i,ll suggest some scenarios and you can choose one and send me your set up.

Is that ok with you ?

Sgt Bilko

p.s. my turn rate is good and the time difference between US and UK wont be a problem as i keep late hours.
12-24-2008, 02:49 AM,
Sgt Bilko Wrote:Im up for a game, i only play Operations so if you want to play i,ll suggest some scenarios and you can choose one and send me your set up.

Is that ok with you ?

Sgt Bilko

p.s. my turn rate is good and the time difference between US and UK wont be a problem as i keep late hours.

Hi Sarge,

It would be great if you have some Ops in mind. I've played a bunch, so I would not be playing blind in a lot of them, however.

I can play anything, so if you name your pref's, I can at least tell you if I've played them recently.

Cheers,
Ken
12-24-2008, 02:55 AM,
OWL Wrote:OK i prefer mirrored so sent me 2 files!

Owl

Hi Owl,

I've seen scenarios that (in my opinion), don't lend well to mirrored play (because a lot of the force and set-up zones are locked in place).

Did you mean mirrored Quick Battles...?
Or... do you know of scenarios that lend well to mirrored play?

Cheers,
Ken
12-24-2008, 03:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-24-2008, 03:49 AM by Sgt Bilko.)
Quote:Hi Sarge,

It would be great if you have some Ops in mind. I've played a bunch, so I would not be playing blind in a lot of them, however.

I can play anything, so if you name your pref's, I can at least tell you if I've played them recently.

Cheers,
Ken

Nice one, i prefer double blind games so i will pick some ops i havent played and hopefully there will be one among them that is new to you.
If you see one that is satisfactory chose your side and send me your set up.

I forgot to mention that i only play operations using the "Play where they lay" rule.
If you arent familiar with the expression it just means that all units must start the next battle in the positions they finished the last.
(I will allow some minor re adjustments within reason to allow for Infantry / Support weapon units to be placed in the nearest cover available if the AI places them out in the open as can happen sometimes)

Vehicles must stay where they finished the previous battle unless the AI has done something silly with them.
(feel free to ask me any questions about re positioning units at the start of a each new battle if the AI does anything strange).

Reinforcements at the start of a new battle do not have to stay where they appear and can be placed anywhere along the back edge of the map to simulate the forewarning they would get in real battle situation.

This rule avoids the "gamey" option of being able to "teleport" forces from one flank / front to another without being fired on.
Unfortunately CM allows to much freedom of re positioning with the new set up zones at the start of every subsequent operational battle.

If thats fine with you we can proceed.

Sgt Bilko
12-24-2008, 03:52 AM,
Ken i mean 2x QB 2000 or 30000 points with the same settings.

greets owl
12-24-2008, 08:27 AM,
OWL Wrote:Ken i mean 2x QB 2000 or 30000 points with the same settings.

greets owl

Hi Owl,

Mirrored CMBB QB files received and returned to you.

Thanks,
Ken
12-24-2008, 08:33 AM,
Sgt Bilko Wrote:
Quote:Hi Sarge,

Cheers,
Ken

Nice one, i prefer double blind games so i will pick some ops i havent played and hopefully there will be one among them that is new to you.
If you see one that is satisfactory chose your side and send me your set up.

I forgot to mention that i only play operations using the "Play where they lay" rule.
If you arent familiar with the expression it just means that all units must start the next battle in the positions they finished the last.
(I will allow some minor re adjustments within reason to allow for Infantry / Support weapon units to be placed in the nearest cover available if the AI places them out in the open as can happen sometimes)

Vehicles must stay where they finished the previous battle unless the AI has done something silly with them.
(feel free to ask me any questions about re positioning units at the start of a each new battle if the AI does anything strange).

Reinforcements at the start of a new battle do not have to stay where they appear and can be placed anywhere along the back edge of the map to simulate the forewarning they would get in real battle situation.

This rule avoids the "gamey" option of being able to "teleport" forces from one flank / front to another without being fired on.
Unfortunately CM allows to much freedom of re positioning with the new set up zones at the start of every subsequent operational battle.

If thats fine with you we can proceed.

Sgt Bilko

Hi Sarge,

I can play with all these rules, within reason. Unfortunately, the CM game-engine (from end-of-battle to new-battle), has the bad habit of taking a unit that was in a dwelling/building and throwing them out in the street. Needless to say, I'll be teleporting those front-line units to the rear, and safety.

Send me your list of scenarios/Ops, or post them here.

Thanks,
Ken
12-24-2008, 10:50 AM,
You can send me a 3000 pt QB if you want, Ken - we haven't played in a while...
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift