• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Most Feared?
03-21-2009, 06:12 AM,
Most Feared?
Might be an interesting thread.....

I have been reminded of 2 of the things I most fear or dread while playing a battle right now. ''Weapons of Mass Destruction'': both have appeared in this fight:

Cannister Rounds
Not sure how much they were actually used in WW2, but I lose whole batches of troops to these babies from time to time. I had a whole fresh rifle company decimated by a pair of StuGs using cannister rounds a few months back.

Flame Tanks
I seem to get caught bunched up in some small grove of trees when one of these things pops into view, already in range of my guys. (The OT-34 has a particulary effective barbeque range!...)

Anyone else have a couple favorite killers that give you nightmares, whether it's terrain, weather, weapons, etc? :chin:
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2009, 07:36 AM,
RE: Most Feared?
Rocky Ground

I hate it when you are scooting from one part of cover to the other and the next thing your armour stalls.... and crawls forward through a rock field you missed.

Your dash across open ground turns into a slow crawl leaving you open to be shot at.
03-21-2009, 07:47 AM,
My biggest annoyance "Fear" is probably soft soil, I hate pushing armor through open terrain and getting bogged down.

Another... Not having control of the field...Long story short, a lack of recce always ruins my day. Whip
03-21-2009, 07:51 AM,
SMG units. These guys can ruin your day pretty quickly, and get out before you can get there to deal with them.
03-21-2009, 09:59 PM,
Every time I come up against Soviet SU-152s with Panthers or even Tigers, it seems the Rooskies have their A-team gunners & they get first-shot kills at an astounding rate. This has happened to me in several games.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
03-21-2009, 11:49 PM,
Hidden shrek teams! That whoooosh sound is really scary....
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
03-22-2009, 02:00 AM,
Night battles! The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire :hissy:

Oh, and 150mm infantry guns are a** pain too, especially when you have green russians.
03-22-2009, 02:58 AM,
All my opponents. cheers
03-22-2009, 03:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-22-2009, 03:03 AM by Schwerpunkt.)
That nasty 150 mm Infantry gun. I hate that loud boom and the endless wait for the impact explosion that destroys entire platoons...
03-22-2009, 11:44 PM,
herroberst Wrote:All my opponents. cheers
LMAO!!! Big Grin Nice one Victor :)