• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question???
06-12-2009, 09:15 PM,
Question???
In designing a Scen or OP. How does one get reinforcements to arrive mounted.
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2009, 09:40 PM,
RE: Question???
As far as i know this is not possible. Infantry etc that you need in the vehicles has to be synchronised with the apc's and tanks arriving in that turn. Then the player has to embark his units first before he can move the units. On the other hand i had also games that guns where already behind the designed towing vehicles!

Owl
06-12-2009, 10:35 PM,
If you provide enough transports for infantry in the same reinforcement marker they will automatically come mounted :)

Ie a 3 squad platoon and 4 PzIvs in one reinf marker would cause the troops to come in riding on the tank.

There is no way to set which unit gets mounted on which vehicle however, so if you have 2 seperate groups of troops within a reinf marker and u wish one set to come in on tanks and the rest on trucks it'd be best to put them in as seperate reinf markers.
06-13-2009, 01:19 AM,
As a note of interest here, some scenario designers have a bad habit of bringing on, say two platoons of infantry with vehicles. This causes no end of problems for the player as the CM engine simply plonks any unit into or onto any vehicle. The player then spends at least two or three turns sorting the mess out.
To overcome this, just bring on one platoon with enough vehicles for each squad plus the HQ unit. It's more work for the scenario designer but easier for the player :)
06-13-2009, 01:29 AM,
Yeah that's what i was trying to say, but you put it much more clearly lol :)
06-13-2009, 06:15 AM,
If you are going to put reinforcements in near the same location, make sure that you have them arrive 2-3 turns apart or they get all clogged up. I would try not to use transports unless you have a large map as they are a real pain for the players to deal with, and I think that they take away from the battle.
06-13-2009, 10:38 AM,
Try the CMAK scenario "The Melfa Bridgehead" so see reinforcements done badly, it's difficult to sort the Canadian reinforcements out, along with their transport. Or maybe it's done well... If it is, then it's hard to do it so it's easy for the player.

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

06-13-2009, 11:04 AM,
Ratzki Wrote:If you are going to put reinforcements in near the same location, make sure that you have them arrive 2-3 turns apart or they get all clogged up. I would try not to use transports unless you have a large map as they are a real pain for the players to deal with, and I think that they take away from the battle.

Good point Ratzki :)
It's just a shame the way the CM engine screws up the reinforcements when infantry and vehicles arrive at the same time :(