• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Opponents of Ratzki
08-20-2009, 01:22 PM,
Opponents of Ratzki
Sorry guys, got a last minute call for some overtime shifts, then spent the today at Electronic Arts, Vancouver, with my son on a tour. I will get all the turns out tonight.
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-2009, 05:00 PM,
RE: Opponents of Ratzki
Ok, all turns out and back in business.
08-20-2009, 10:22 PM,
Do tell about the EA tour ?
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
08-23-2009, 05:59 AM,
Well, not too much to report on the EA tour. 1st off the place is HUGE!!Full size soccer field, indoor and outdoor basketball courts, a park on the roof with grass, picnic benches, BBQ's, spotting scopes, and games everywhere. All this stuff is first class. The employees have no work schedule and can play or whatever as much as they want. Several 1st rate eatin areas with chefs that cook great meals all for free. They have a huge library of one or more copies of every game ever sold for all platforms, and they can be signed out whenever. Our tour ended because the guy in charge had a roller hockey game to get to in the gym.
The recording studio is top rate, apparently designed and second only to the main studio at Sony Records. There was something going on as there were alot of big wigs around and we were not allowed in to several areas. Secret Squirrel stuff. My son and I got kicked out of a few places we were not supposed to be, we often slipped the guide and wondered a bit on our own. As for what is next, do not have a clue, security was pretty tight, not kidding either, this looked like the moon landing project with the security around :).
Picked up Tiger Woods golf for the Wii for $2.00
We played lots of games, my son and the other bots on consoles, and me and another Dad played enough pinball to satisfy for quite a while.
I asked about the starting wage, they said about $50,000 a year entry level. Not a bad gig for those with kids that are interested in the game designing field.
I would post a picture or 2 but there were none allowed. I think that we are off to Nintendo as well some day soon. Gotta love kids field trips.:P