• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New: STALIN SCHOLARS DEFEND SHKLOV
10-01-2010, 04:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2010, 03:49 PM by Bear.)
Thumbs_Up  New: STALIN SCHOLARS DEFEND SHKLOV
STALIN SCHOLARS DEFEND SHKLOV

SHKLOV, RUSSIA, 11 July 1941
The German advance was upset by a group of young officer cadets ("Stalin Scholars"). Their determination to make a stand at the town Shklov resulted in the retreat of German security troops from the center of town due to their losses. Today, the Germans ordered a company from the "crack" infantry regiment: Greater Germany ("Grossedeutchland"). Pulled off the line to go to Shklov to clear out the resistance and end the stalemate.

Goto:
https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/Comb...1&ladder=1
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2010, 09:59 AM,
RE: New CMBB scenario
This scenario is ready for Ladder play.

This is not an H2H Play Test.
Send this user an email
10-11-2010, 08:24 AM,
RE: New CMBB scenario: STALIN SCHOLARS DEFEND SHKLOV
Bear accepts Cargol challenge
Send this user an email
10-11-2010, 09:07 AM,
RE: New scenario: STALIN SCHOLARS DEFEND SHKLOV
You play your own scenarios in ladder play?

Good Hunting.

MR
10-11-2010, 05:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-11-2010, 05:17 PM by Bear.)
(10-11-2010, 09:07 AM)Mad Russian Wrote: You play your own scenarios in ladder play?

Good Hunting.

MR

Hell man, he sent me the set up and I said, "We play for fun?"

Cargol says, "we play Ladder game".

He knows my stuff is balanced.

He's a great player and a friend.
Send this user an email
10-12-2010, 02:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2010, 02:39 AM by Mad Russian.)
(10-11-2010, 05:16 PM)Bear Wrote:
(10-11-2010, 09:07 AM)Mad Russian Wrote: You play your own scenarios in ladder play?

Good Hunting.

MR

Hell man, he sent me the set up and I said, "We play for fun?"

Cargol says, "we play Ladder game".

He knows my stuff is balanced.

He's a great player and a friend.

ROFL!!!!!! Well, Hell Man, play him!

I sometimes play my own scenarios but usually play them so much during playtesting I get tired of them. I would never play them in a ladder game because I know too much about them.

That may not be a good answer though, since I 've seen POS design scenarios for a tournament where he takes on all comers and though he made the scenario he was sometimes beaten.

It just seemed odd that you would take a challenge for your own work.

Is that common here at the Blitz? Or this is a rare occasion? I have on rare occasions, like you, accepted challenges from friends but we don't post them on the ladder. I feel I have too big an advantage. Just like I don't write reviews for my own scenarios. I've played them more than anybody but I let others decide.

In any event, good luck with the game. Let me know how it turns out. I'm interested to see if he can beat you at your own game.

Good Hunting.

MR
10-12-2010, 03:51 AM,
Yeah i ve asked,for a change,to play a ladder game.
Bear is a good friend and a gifted scenario maker.
A Ladder game is not a death match is just a more competative game nothing more.
As far as i know u (Mad Russian) are also a very good scenario maker so it would bennefit the whole CM community if you would focus ur energy in making scenarios or helping others by playtesting or commenting on scenarios rather than posting semi bitter comments on this forum.
10-12-2010, 12:39 PM,
(10-12-2010, 03:51 AM)cargol Wrote: Yeah i ve asked,for a change,to play a ladder game.
Bear is a good friend and a gifted scenario maker.
A Ladder game is not a death match is just a more competative game nothing more.
As far as i know u (Mad Russian) are also a very good scenario maker so it would bennefit the whole CM community if you would focus ur energy in making scenarios or helping others by playtesting or commenting on scenarios rather than posting semi bitter comments on this forum.

I've been forcusing on commenting on scenarios. I no longer make CM scenarios or I'd do some more playtesting with Bear on some of his. He's far more talented than I am and I learned a lot from working with him in the past.

Your ladder game with Bear is only the second time I've ever seen a designer play his own work on a ladder. POS was the only other one. I have great respect for Bear so I asked him about it.

Now, if that makes me semi-bitter, I guess I am. I was under the impression that the open forum was where we discuss things. Or ask questions.

I would still be interested in seeing how you do against him. I wish you luck against him.

Good Hunting.

MR