• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Snafu walks into the Blitz Saloon
12-19-2010, 04:43 AM,
Snafu walks into the Blitz Saloon
The "CM" group in the corner nervously looks away. He walks to the bar. "Give me a root beer, no chaser", he growls to the barkeep. The saloon occupants gasp. The bartender slides the golden brew to Snafu. "Look mister, we're a respectable establishment and don't want any trouble". Snafu drains the mug, wipes the foam from his drooping mustache, looks around. "Too bad", he says, eyeing the group in the corner. "I'm in Bootcamp Hell, and aiming to bust out! Anyone got the sand to take on Snafu?"
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2010, 09:38 AM,
RE: Snafu walks into the Blitz Saloon
(12-19-2010, 04:43 AM)Private Snafu Wrote: The "CM" group in the corner nervously looks away. He walks to the bar. "Give me a root beer, no chaser", he growls to the barkeep. The saloon occupants gasp. The bartender slides the golden brew to Snafu. "Look mister, we're a respectable establishment and don't want any trouble". Snafu drains the mug, wipes the foam from his drooping mustache, looks around. "Too bad", he says, eyeing the group in the corner. "I'm in Bootcamp Hell, and aiming to bust out! Anyone got the sand to take on Snafu?"

Sure, set up a QB.
12-19-2010, 11:27 AM,
Thanks Panzer Dan: It's in the mail!
12-20-2010, 03:39 PM,
Snafu is greeted by snickers from the "CM" group in the corner.

"No thanks," he says. "I've always been more of a Milky Way guy."

Splork, a scowl on his face, growls at Snafu, "Hey Barqstash, are we gonna just sit here and write about ourselves in the third person, or you want to get another game going?"

If you've got room for another, send somethin' over - happy to mirror whatever too, if you're willing.
12-20-2010, 11:29 PM,
Herroberst accepts your challenge. Send a file to [email protected]. Prefer scenarios and ops to QB but whatever.
12-21-2010, 05:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-21-2010, 05:32 AM by Private Snafu.)
(12-20-2010, 03:39 PM)Splork Wrote: Snafu is greeted by snickers from the "CM" group in the corner.

Splork, a scowl on his face, growls at Snafu, "Hey Barqstash, are we gonna just sit here and write about ourselves in the third person, or you want to get another game going?"

If you've got room for another, send somethin' over - happy to mirror whatever too, if you're willing.

Damn! You stole my line when I get thrashed by Panzer Dan. Now I'm going to have to think of something else! Ok, send me a scenario. I'm not sure I like QB's
(12-20-2010, 11:29 PM)herroberst Wrote: Herroberst accepts your challenge. Send a file to [email protected]. Prefer scenarios and ops to QB but whatever.

Hello Herroberst
Thanks for the offer. I'll have to finish these other games first, so I'll take a raincheck. I'm leaning more towards doing scenarios and ops than QB's.
12-21-2010, 12:39 PM,
A scenario? A SCENARIO??? I'd rather bob for razor blades in a tub of alcohol. I'd rather drink 2 gallons of water and go swimming in a pool full of candirus. I'd rather play a game where my tanks have hit points. I'd rather...umm...sorry...I got a bit carried away there.

Not usually a huge scenario guy (QBs are the only way to play CM, don't let anyone tell you different), so give me a bit to dig something up and send it over, unless you've got something you want to play...
12-21-2010, 01:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-21-2010, 02:53 PM by Jagger.)
To ease your pain a bit, here are some scenario recommendations. All have interesting maps, lots of feedback and plenty of tactical choices. I have played all and am totally unbiased...well maybe just a little.

Blood Feud Transylvania, V3
Dark Storm Minsk 44
SS Strikes, Kalinen Front
Storm Tide, Poland 44

My favorite is Dark Storm Minsk 44 with the more experienced player taking the Russians. Although Storm Tide, Poland 44 is a very close second for me. SS Strikes is the most closely balanced by feedback. Blood Feud gives you a late war Hungarians vs Romanians scenario for a nice change of pace.

Guaranteed fun, no guarantees on victory. If you try them, make sure you post scenario feedback.

(12-21-2010, 12:39 PM)Splork Wrote: A scenario? A SCENARIO??? I'd rather bob for razor blades in a tub of alcohol. I'd rather drink 2 gallons of water and go swimming in a pool full of candirus. I'd rather play a game where my tanks have hit points. I'd rather...umm...sorry...I got a bit carried away there.

Not usually a huge scenario guy (QBs are the only way to play CM, don't let anyone tell you different), so give me a bit to dig something up and send it over, unless you've got something you want to play...
12-22-2010, 01:09 AM,
(12-20-2010, 03:39 PM)Splork Wrote: Snafu is greeted by snickers from the "CM" group in the corner.

Hey, Spork! What is your email address? I'll send you a setup
Cheers
Private Snafu
12-22-2010, 01:49 AM,
(12-22-2010, 01:09 AM)Private Snafu Wrote: Hey, Spork! What is your email address? I'll send you a setup
Cheers
Private Snafu

Sent via PM - looking forward to doing battle with you. Winner gets a bag of Three Musketeers?