• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Night Disruption
03-17-2011, 11:24 PM,
Night Disruption
A few points one follows on from the AI discussion

1 Will all games get updated with this or at least have the option - I think it would be a nice option.

2 Does the AI move everything or does it think? Also does the AI only move on roads at night I suspect it goes off and gets disrupted? There is an arguement to say the player should not know what it will do as they could take advantage but generally speaking movement at night could be limited

3 If night disruption was a flag then some units could have a better % chance to reflect such things as training and/or Montys moonlight. 4th Indian were very good night fighters.

Mike
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2011, 12:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-18-2011, 12:43 AM by Glenn Saunders.)
RE: Night Disruption
[quote='Mike Bowen' pid='339827' dateline='1300368289']

> 1 Will all games get updated with this or at least have the option - I think it would be a nice option.

Mike - can you name ONE option that was ever added to a new game that was NOT in an older title AFTER a new update?

> 2 Does the AI move everything or does it think?

Open a Scn and watch the AIs turn - Some units fire, some move and some do nothing.

> Also does the AI only move on roads at night I suspect it goes off and gets disrupted?

If you have an AI behavior you would like looked at - send in the BTL file BEFORE and after with the hexes to view and we can have it looked at.

> 3 If night disruption was a flag then some units could have a better % chance to reflect such things as training and/or Montys moonlight. 4th Indian were very good night fighters.

Night disruption is affected by troop quality! I don't recall doing anything specific with the 4th Indian, but the New Zealand Div was a great unit for night and I believe that unit is rated as a B.

Glenn
Send this user an email
03-18-2011, 04:12 AM,
Glen

Thanks I was being lazy and asking rather than looking :)

As to point 1 no I can not but the otherday you said IIRC that some games do not have all of the same things in them - I forget the threads name. I can see night disruption being good in some scenarios but it might scew others. I would like to see Normandy with this change it would perhaps help balance the campaign towards the Germans

Mike
03-18-2011, 04:41 AM,
(03-18-2011, 04:12 AM)Mike Bowen Wrote: Glen

Thanks I was being lazy and asking rather than looking :)

As to point 1 no I can not but the otherday you said IIRC that some games do not have all of the same things in them - I forget the threads name. I can see night disruption being good in some scenarios but it might scew others. I would like to see Normandy with this change it would perhaps help balance the campaign towards the Germans

We are working away through the games, updating them all in turn. I believe you will see KURSK next
Send this user an email