• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WINTER TOURNAMENT
11-24-2013, 03:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-02-2013, 07:12 AM by OWL.)
This Just In  WINTER TOURNAMENT
Also in the winter of 2013 / 2014 there will be a Wintertournament.
Specially for this tournament I designed 2 brand new scenario's, here the briefings:

Title Unternehmen Seelöwe (Operation Sea lion)Type Axis attack
Date Feb 1941
Region Britain
Weather Snow
Terrain Rural
Wind East
Turns 38 variable
Ply recommendation 2 players only
Author Bert “Owl” Wijnhoud (sept 2013)
Play-testing Sphinx & Seel, both great CM players!

Operation Sea Lion (German: Unternehmen Seelöwe) was Nazi Germany's plan to invade the United Kingdom during the Second World War following the fall of France. For any likelihood of success, however, the operation required air and naval supremacy over the English Channel, neither of which the Germans ever achieved. Sea Lion was postponed indefinitely on 17 September 1940 and never carried out. (Wiki)

In this fictive scenario Axis units invade Britain after the Luftwaffe’s glorious victory in the Battle of Britain. Now there is air supremacy, there is only one major threat for total Axis success; the mighty British fleet. German high command is therefore launching the offensive during winter with incremental snow blizzards to mask the Channel ferry to the coast of Britain.
After debarkation the crack Axis formations will spearhead to the heart of free Britain and the final hope of Europe; London!

2nd battle:
Title Seelöwe Höhen (Battle of Seelow Heights)
Type Russian attack
Date Apr 1945
Region East of Berlin
Weather Cool
Terrain Rural
Wind East
Turns 40 variable
Play recommendation 2 players only
Author Bert “Owl” Wijnhoud (Okt 2013)
Play-test Mr Yormshire / Sphinx

The Battle of the Seelow Heights (German: Schlacht um die "Seelower Höhen"), was a part of the Seelow-Berlin Offensive Operation (16 April-2 May 1945), one of the last assaults on large entrenched defensive positions of World War II. It was fought over three days, from 16–19 April 1945. Close to one million Soviet soldiers of the 1st Belorussian Front (including 78,556 soldiers of the Polish 1st Army), commanded by Marshal Georgi Zhukov, attacked the position known as the "Gates of Berlin". They were opposed by about 110,000 soldiers of the German 9th Army,[4] commanded by General Theodor Busse, as part of the Army Group Vistula.

The defensive line on the Seelow Heights was the last major defensive line outside Berlin. Gen. Heinrici had said before the battle that the Seelow Heights could be held for only three or four days without reinforcements, which he did not have. From 19 April, the road to Berlin—90 km (56 mi) to the west—lay open. By 23 April, Berlin was fully encircled and the Battle of Berlin entered its last stage. Within two weeks, Adolf Hitler was dead and the war in Europe was effectively over.

After the war, Zhukov's critics asserted that he should have stopped the 1st Belorussian Front's attack via the direct line to Berlin along the autobahn and instead made use of the 1st Ukrainian Front's breakthrough over the Neisse. This would have bypassed the strong German defences at Seelow Heights, and avoided many casualties and the delay in the Berlin advance. However, the 1st Belorussian Front was drawn up on a very narrow front, so such a maneuver may not have been possible. The other front commanders could and did bypass the main defenses.

(WIKIPEDIA)

In this scenario Russian Mechanized Guard units attack Axis positions in the vicinity of Seelow, the final defensive line before Berlin.

Each player will fight 2 battles, 1x Axis & 1x Allied.
So interested, let e know and I wiil add you to the list, but only serious gamers who will finish their battles and are fast returners. (1file each day or more)

Greets Owl

Participants:
1 Sphinx
2 Panzer Dan
3 Deputy
4 Combat Wombat
5 Wittman
6 Vartuosi
7 Wardoggie
8 Idiot
9 Bert Blitzkrieg
10 Ken F.
11 Dashammer
12 Owl
13 Reserve 1
14 Reserve 2
Quote this message in a reply
11-24-2013, 07:49 AM,
RE: WINTER TOURNAMENT
(11-24-2013, 03:59 AM)OWL Wrote: Also in the winter of 2013 / 2014 there will be a Wintertournament.
Specially for this tournament I designed 2 brand new scenario's, here the briefings:

Title Unternehmen Seelöwe (Operation Sea lion)Type Axis attack
Date Feb 1941
Region Britain
Weather Snow
Terrain Rural
Wind East
Turns 38 variable
Ply recommendation 2 players only
Author Bert “Owl” Wijnhoud (sept 2013)
Play-testing Sphinx & Seel, both great CM players!

Operation Sea Lion (German: Unternehmen Seelöwe) was Nazi Germany's plan to invade the United Kingdom during the Second World War following the fall of France. For any likelihood of success, however, the operation required air and naval supremacy over the English Channel, neither of which the Germans ever achieved. Sea Lion was postponed indefinitely on 17 September 1940 and never carried out. (Wiki)

In this fictive scenario Axis units invade Britain after the Luftwaffe’s glorious victory in the Battle of Britain. Now there is air supremacy, there is only one major threat for total Axis success; the mighty British fleet. German high command is therefore launching the offensive during winter with incremental snow blizzards to mask the Channel ferry to the coast of Britain.
After debarkation the crack Axis formations will spearhead to the heart of free Britain and the final hope of Europe; London!

2nd battle:
Title Seelöwe Höhen (Battle of Seelow Heights)
Type Russian attack
Date Apr 1945
Region East of Berlin
Weather Cool
Terrain Rural
Wind East
Turns 40 variable
Play recommendation 2 players only
Author Bert “Owl” Wijnhoud (Okt 2013)
Play-test Mr Yormshire / Sphinx

The Battle of the Seelow Heights (German: Schlacht um die "Seelower Höhen"), was a part of the Seelow-Berlin Offensive Operation (16 April-2 May 1945), one of the last assaults on large entrenched defensive positions of World War II. It was fought over three days, from 16–19 April 1945. Close to one million Soviet soldiers of the 1st Belorussian Front (including 78,556 soldiers of the Polish 1st Army), commanded by Marshal Georgi Zhukov, attacked the position known as the "Gates of Berlin". They were opposed by about 110,000 soldiers of the German 9th Army,[4] commanded by General Theodor Busse, as part of the Army Group Vistula.

The defensive line on the Seelow Heights was the last major defensive line outside Berlin. Gen. Heinrici had said before the battle that the Seelow Heights could be held for only three or four days without reinforcements, which he did not have. From 19 April, the road to Berlin—90 km (56 mi) to the west—lay open. By 23 April, Berlin was fully encircled and the Battle of Berlin entered its last stage. Within two weeks, Adolf Hitler was dead and the war in Europe was effectively over.

After the war, Zhukov's critics asserted that he should have stopped the 1st Belorussian Front's attack via the direct line to Berlin along the autobahn and instead made use of the 1st Ukrainian Front's breakthrough over the Neisse. This would have bypassed the strong German defences at Seelow Heights, and avoided many casualties and the delay in the Berlin advance. However, the 1st Belorussian Front was drawn up on a very narrow front, so such a maneuver may not have been possible. The other front commanders could and did bypass the main defenses.

(WIKIPEDIA)

In this scenario Russian Mechanized Guard units attack Axis positions in the vicinity of Seelow, the final defensive line before Berlin.

Each player will fight 2 battles, 1x Axis & 1x Allied.
So interested, let e know and I wiil add you to the list, but only serious gamers who will finish their battles and are fast returners. (1file each day or more)

Greets Owl

Looks like fun. Count me in. Cheers, Sphinx
11-25-2013, 10:41 AM,
as usual , count me in ! cheers!
11-25-2013, 10:11 PM,
count me in as well, cheers to everyplayers!!
11-26-2013, 01:46 AM,
I guess I could slither among the participants.
11-26-2013, 03:11 AM,
Wardoggie will be on the front line. Count me in.
11-26-2013, 05:08 AM,
OK, 7 excellent gamers so far, great! Participants are at the bottom of the first post.
Greets Owl
11-26-2013, 06:43 PM,
Looks very promising. You can add me to the list!
11-27-2013, 08:20 AM,
Hi All,

I'll play, if you still have room.
Hopefully, my ISP (Comcast) won't cause problems with emails again.

Cheers,
Ken
11-28-2013, 05:25 AM,
Ken your in!
Owl