• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

First Panzer Battles Tournament
04-26-2015, 10:22 AM,
RE: First Panzer Battles Tournament
It's not a question of integrity, it's a matter of everybody having the same information when it becomes available.
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2015, 11:27 AM,
FWIW, I only requested that people notify me when they start and complete their games. How they choose to do that is up to them. I do not tell anyone how another player did, at least not privately. My policy is to announce all the results at the end of the rounds. If members wish to post their game results at the blitz immediately, or wait to post their game results at the end of the round, that is their choice. It does not matter. I receive from all pairings a screen shot of their game victory screen or a copy of their game on the last turn with the password. However, the players want to do it is fine by me.

The tournament rules were laid out at the beginning by me. What you claim I should or should not be doing is simply your opinion and not part of any promise i made to the members participating in the tournament. You are welcome to your opinion.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
04-27-2015, 10:58 AM,
My 2 Cents  RE: First Panzer Battles Tournament
(04-26-2015, 10:22 AM)ComradeP Wrote: It's not a question of integrity, it's a matter of everybody having the same information when it becomes available.

I never expected the "Spanish Inquisition" to become a factor during the tournament, however:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt0Y39eMvpI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m07ISfx_5b0

I plead "Innocent" & " Not Guilty"
04-27-2015, 06:03 PM,
We are at turn 4 and its an interesting game with heavy fighting on all fronts alreadySmile
04-30-2015, 11:51 AM,
This Just In  RE: First Panzer Battles Tournament
We are 1/2 way through turn 3. 10-3 Squad Leader has comitted most of his armor. It's about to get real messy. Time for me to review all the training I received from "Manner Gegen Panzer"!
05-08-2015, 12:35 AM,
We're at turn 7.
05-21-2015, 02:04 AM,
We're done, major German victory.

Difficult start, but things went well.
05-24-2015, 01:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-30-2015, 02:58 PM by Dog Soldier.)
I have heard from players of both of the remaining games in the fourth round. They are on the final turns. We will beginning the fifth and climatic round of the tournament very soon.

Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp
05-28-2015, 07:10 AM,
This Just In  RE: First Panzer Battles Tournament

.jpg   images.jpg (Size: 9.27 KB / Downloads: 20) Beerweasel & 10-3 Squad Leader have finished Man Vs Tank. Man (beerweasel) wins a major victory with 251 vp's for those of you keeping track. Russians lost 102 tanks during the battle.
05-30-2015, 03:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-30-2015, 05:51 PM by Dog Soldier.)
Round four was expected by me to be a brutal round. Both sides had advantages and disadvantages in their force composition. I really expected to see a lot of draws! Instead we have five major victories and one draw. Three Soviet and two Axis major victories. This made for some shake ups in the standings for the tournament.

The round four results, tournament standings, and match-ups for round five are posted on the competitions page.

The fifth and climactic round of the Punch and Counter Punch Tournament begins!

Ozorovskii is my favorite scenario in the PzB: Kursk game. Three others are close seconds. Very close.
This is the biggest scenario in the tournament. 1,900 victory points in the objective locations alone before casualty points. Each side has to pick the ground they will fight on. There are a lot of options for how to play each side. The Germans have a powerful force in the II SS PzK with elements of all three divisions appearing by the end. They are handicapped by a long way to go and lengthening flanks. The Soviets counter with two full tank corps. One of which is a Guards unit. Where this force strikes back will make for some very interesting games.

[Image: Kursk%20Advance.jpg]
[Image: Soviet%20Tank%20Attack.jpg]

Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp