• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Normandy Patch Update
02-29-2016, 04:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-29-2016, 04:39 PM by ComradeP.)
RE: Normandy Patch Update
I can usually see my own air strikes go in, as there's at least some return fire in most cases, but if it's one unit firing at your air unit it is still possible to miss it.

Recon and carpet bombing missions are a problem though. It can be impossible to tell if your carpet bombing strike hit anything or scattered due to how easy it is to miss the strike as there's no return fire for the game to focus on and you can't check what hex was targeted by an air strike as far as I know.

Possibly, the one or two seconds it takes for an air strike to hit might be a bit too fast for the game to handle after loading the replay.

Something like a list of air strikes in the Last Command Report screen, which take you to the location of the air strike would already help (like "friendly/enemy air unit attacks hex x,y" ). Particularly if it would be possible to add a replay of the air strike when you click on the hex the air strike is in.

It might be tricky to make the enemy air strike appear this way, as technically it happened on the previous turn, not the turn your command report is for. Maybe the air strike details could be stored until the next turn of the player launching the air strike, so his opponent can see it as well.
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2016, 02:23 AM,
Any news ?
03-08-2016, 05:20 AM,
(03-08-2016, 02:23 AM)wiggum Wrote: Any news ?

Hi Wiggum,

We have done the bulk of what we can do and am now waiting for some programming slots with John. Once we get that we can then do our final testing and release. John has just won another Air Force contract and that is impacting his availability.

The testing team will get the patch as done to date this weekend and I'll collate their feedback in the meantime.

Apologies for the delay, but it's out of our control.

David
03-08-2016, 08:43 PM,
Hi !

So what changes and features that originally were planned for the first patch will be missing from the final version ?
03-08-2016, 09:24 PM,
(03-08-2016, 08:43 PM)wiggum Wrote: Hi !

So what changes and features that originally were planned for the first patch will be missing from the final version ?

None???  Did I say that??

We're testing what we have and will then wait till John can complete the other requests.

David
03-09-2016, 12:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-09-2016, 12:18 AM by wiggum.)
It sounds like Tiller was not able to make any code changes up until now and has "other work" to do in the future.
03-09-2016, 05:31 AM,
(03-09-2016, 12:18 AM)wiggum Wrote: It sounds like Tiller was not able to make any code changes up until now and has "other work" to do in the future.

I again don't understand your assumptions. John has been providing us with code fixes for bugs for the past 6 weeks. That will always take precedence over enhancements. He has for example provided the new code for disruptions on counters you requested, which is an enhancement.

As mentioned before we do not rush patches out unless there are glaring issues (which we will hot patch) as we need time to collate feedback and test any changes. Personally, I'm keen to get the fatigue accumulation issue sorted and we won't release until we know if that is definitively in or out of the patch.

Trust me, there is a lot done in the new patch, just have a look at what we covered in the patch for Kursk and you will get some idea.

David
03-11-2016, 08:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-11-2016, 08:26 AM by -72-.)
JT always has had 'other work' -as I am sure most of the people involved with JTS do (David is probably a great example of that).  Not sure why that matters or is even a factor because it has always been that way.
Send this user an email
03-20-2016, 11:35 PM,
Typically when new / large contracts are awarded there is also an accompanying fee.

One might speculate that because of this, that additional staff could be brought on board to assist with tasks and thus remove the roadblocks to progress on patches etc ...

For some systems however (speaking from personal experience), the ramp up activity to get someone on board, do a proper knowledge transfer and get them productive (especially on proprietary systems) actually exceeds the time and effort for on-hand staff (JT) to deal with current tasks and then turn attention to other pending work.

Sounds like the case at JTS but I may be wrong ...
Send this user an email
04-10-2016, 12:11 AM,
So whats with the patch ?