• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tournament
09-15-2024, 11:04 PM,
RE: Tournament
One idea is, 1 for Major loss, 2 for Minor loss, 3 for Draw, 4 for Minor victory, 5 for Major victory or 1,3,5,7,9 something like that. Everybody scores something positive just for playing. Easiest math. Or, if one player scores 5 points, other player scores -5. Rotate pairings for next match playing everybody or highest vs highest or highest vs lowest, second highest vs second lowest etc.
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2024, 02:12 PM,
Hi Friends, I will play in the tournament.

Panzerjaeger
Send this user an email
09-18-2024, 01:20 AM,
(09-15-2024, 03:03 AM)Big Ivan Wrote: Dave and I are looking for ideas.

There are two possible vehicles for controlling this tournament as he and I discussed.

1. The double blind elimination which was standard with the Boisforas tourney in 2020.

2. We are interested in the idea presented about an Axis and Allied option with two camps Axis and Allied kind of similar to the World in Flames tourney of 14 years ago. Dave and I both played in that World in Flames tourney long ago but we have no idea on how to score it.  BTW that tournament was a blast as I remember it. (I got the chance to play the Chinese twice...WooHoo!)

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome, feel free.

John Wink

I find the 2nd variant more interesting
Send this user an email
2 hours ago,
I found Crossroads original Forum thread for the World in Flames tournament. I'm thinking we use it as our guide. The scoring looks easy enough:

1. An overall score is kept for the the whole of war
  2. Additionally, a score is kept for all theaters of war for each Phase
  3. These are added up after each Round of each Phase is being played.
Scoring: Major Win 3 points, Minor Win 1 point, Draw 0 points x SM of the given scenario

I'm thinking of bagging #2. Sounds unnecessary and too much to keep track of, but open to suggestions.

In the second post there are the opening scenarios Petri used. There was even a team game if we'd want to do that. Looks like he had different scenarios for different players. I think it might be better for everyone to be playing the same scenario at the same time, but what does everyone think?

Potential name for the tournament: World in Flames Redux

Time to choose your sides. I don't care, so I'll join whatever team needs some fodder. :)

Dave

Signups so far (speak up if you're not on the list!):

Kernel t
Outlaw Josey Wales
Zap
Nort
Herr Straße Laufer
Von Luck
MikeWarFlag
KiloMikePapa
nim8or
Dan Caviness
Dawags
Schwerpunkt75
itlnprd
Hawk Kriegsman
Ashcloud
The Hemp
Sir Killalot
VoteQuimby
Big Ivan
Scud
Panzerjaeger
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email