• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HTH opponent disappeared on me
09-20-2024, 02:37 AM,
HTH opponent disappeared on me
Been playing an HTH game in Danube and my opponent hasn't responded in about 2 months - they did say it might be a few weeks due to a real life move but it's been awhile now...

I contacted the forum moderator or ladder moderator via the Blitz messaging system a few days ago I but haven't heard back.

How do I file this game on the ladder?
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2024, 05:26 AM,
RE: HTH opponent disappeared on me
(09-20-2024, 02:37 AM)Ol_PanzerGut Wrote: Been playing an HTH game in Danube and my opponent hasn't responded in about 2 months - they did say it might be a few weeks due to a real life move but it's been awhile now...

I contacted the forum moderator or ladder moderator via the Blitz messaging system a few days ago I but haven't heard back.

Real life gets in the way sometimes. Here is a link to the rules procedure.

https://www.theblitz.club/rules-of-engag...s/p-25.htm
09-20-2024, 11:23 PM,
Send opp an email first, one last time.
09-21-2024, 04:42 AM,
(09-20-2024, 02:37 AM)Ol_PanzerGut Wrote: I contacted the forum moderator or ladder moderator via the Blitz messaging system a few days ago I but haven't heard back.

Hi, I found your message to me in my junk folder, for some reason it had been flagged as a security risk??

Anyway I did respond to you but obviously my reply has also gone AWOL and it looks like our email providers really don’t like each other !!   Big Grin

As technical issues like this can prevent contact between players can you please put up a post to your opponent on this forum asking them to contact you to decide if they wish to continue the game or not, if there is no reply in the next two weeks then you can register your game.

As a side note to anyone who has the same issue, if you do register a game against an opponent who has disappeared and sometime in the future you link up with them again and decide to continue the same scenario I would be happy to delete the reported (abandoned) game result (i.e. don’t report it twice).  Wink