• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

If you were Bill Gates and could commision a new CM
10-02-2006, 08:42 AM,
If you were Bill Gates and could commision a new CM
Alright maybe not Gates, but what if you could add to CM, what would you add to enhance the experience?

My main one from playing so many more modern games is;

using the Mouse Wheel to zoom.

Everything else I can still live with but I would love this feature, even after years of playing I still occassionaly try to use the wheel!
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2006, 08:20 PM,
RE: If you were Bill Gates and could commision a new CM
I'd like.

Photo realistic quality
1:1 representation
Fully deformable scenery including woods etc.
The option to use flares in night battles.
The ability to use indirect fire in areas out of LOS with your guns.

These are just of the top of my head.

Bootie
10-02-2006, 11:45 PM,
The option to re-man weapons and vehicles that have been abandoned, e.g. mortars and guns.

The ability to recover weapons and ammo from casaulties, e.g. recovering that panzerfaust or Lt MG.

The ability to pre-target units which are out of los for the unit being ordered, but visible by their platoon/troop leader. This would represent a unit being informed to be ready to engage a particular target, (either because when they move it will become visible, or the target is approaching them. e.g. "Careful as you clear those trees as there's a Stug dug in on the hill to you left"
10-03-2006, 03:28 AM,
A facility to move a column of vehicles down a road without it degenrating into a game of bumper cars. Something along the lines of being able to tell a vehicle to follow a road until it gets to point x. Whilst following the road it wouldn't need detailed movement orders that takes every bend and turn into account like it does now. Also the driver would automatically skirt round obstacles like parked vehicles rather than plowing into them and then reversing, thus slamming into the following vehicle etc etc.
10-03-2006, 03:29 AM,
A facility to move a column of vehicles down a road without it degenrating into a game of bumper cars. Something along the lines of being able to tell a vehicle to follow a road until it gets to point x. Whilst following the road it wouldn't need detailed movement orders that takes every bend and turn into account like it does now. Also the driver would automatically skirt round obstacles like parked vehicles rather than plowing into them and then reversing, thus slamming into the following vehicle etc etc.
10-03-2006, 04:17 AM,
Smoke that works.

Leto
10-03-2006, 04:17 AM,
Smoke that works.

Leto
10-04-2006, 03:54 AM,
Armoured artillery obs, game representation of armoured cars/halftracks/tanks with just mgs and that all important radio..

Ref the point above about targeting the stug round the corner, this exists, its just not very effective, you have to be quite careful a "better" target doesnt get into the gunsights first. You can however "cue up" a target if you know its there and your unit will get it in sight soon, try it, I've not had a great deal of success with it but the facility does exist, its in the manual and it is definately possible to get units to target enemies they can't see and it "sticks" briefly.
10-04-2006, 03:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-04-2006, 03:59 AM by fluidwill.)
Double Post........

10-04-2006, 04:04 AM,
RE:��If you were Bill Gates and could commision a new CM
fluidwill Wrote:Armoured artillery obs, game representation of armoured cars/halftracks/tanks with just mgs and that all important radio..

Ref the point above about targeting the stug round the corner, this exists, its just not very effective, you have to be quite careful a "better" target doesnt get into the gunsights first. You can however "cue up" a target if you know its there and your unit will get it in sight soon, try it, I've not had a great deal of success with it but the facility does exist, its in the manual and it is definately possible to get units to target enemies they can't see and it "sticks" briefly.

Which manual and where?

I know you can target unseen units, but it lasts for about 1 sec. Definately not long enough for the turret to track.