• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bridges
12-31-2006, 06:52 AM,
Bridges
While designing a map, I've discovered that there are three types of bridges used in CM.. Light, medium and heavy.
The light bridge is of wooden construction and the other two are built of stone, etc.
Need help with each category's weight capacity.

Does anyone know which types of vehicles can cross the light bridge and so on.
Thanks.. appreciate the help!!
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2006, 08:12 AM,
RE: Bridges
I was never aware of any weight limits for bridges. I think the designation is meant to discern between how much damage a bridge can take before it's destroyed, similar to buildings.

That said, I played in one battle where I tried to get my engineers to desrtroy a bridge, but they were all routed before they could finish the task!
12-31-2006, 10:51 AM,
I think Herr Schacht is correct - as long as a bridge is still standing, anything can cross it. I'm also thinking that the heavy bridges cannot be destroyed while the other two can.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
12-31-2006, 11:21 AM,
This is what the CMBB .pdf manual says about the types of bridge...

Bridges
There are three types of bridges - wooden bridges, often encountered across small streams or creeks and two elevations high; stone bridges, spanning small rivers at two elevations high; and tall stone bridges, across major rivers
or valleys, four elevation levels in height which allow vehicles and troops to pass under them.

It doesn't seem to mention any special damage rules per type of bridge that i could see with a very quick glance through the .pdf file.

cheers
12-31-2006, 12:45 PM,
OK guys, thanks!
Reason I asked and if my memory serves me right, seems to me that in CS the wooden bridges were not crossable by tanks, etc..
Correct me if I'm wrong, someone!

Logically speaking, can a "King Tiger" really cross any old wooden Russian bridge!? :-)
12-31-2006, 01:11 PM,
Just ran a test with two King Tigers, by running them in hi speed, across a small wooden bridge.
The bridge held.. :-)
12-31-2006, 02:10 PM,
Maybe you should stop them on the bridge for a smoke break and see what happens... ;)
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
12-31-2006, 02:21 PM,
RE:��Bridges
12-31-2006, 03:16 PM,
RE:��Bridges
Der Kuenstler Wrote:Maybe you should stop them on the bridge for a smoke break and see what happens... ;)

Ha ha.. I believe that is definitely forbidden, in the german "how to operate your panzer" manual... :-)
12-31-2006, 03:30 PM,
OK.. so it seems an over site on the part of CM designers.
No biggie..
I will not love the CM games any less for it.. :-)