• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Urgent help needed
02-03-2007, 07:16 AM,
Urgent help needed

I have a Crack Panther who is bogged on train tracks. Not yet immobilized. Please God, someone tell me how to get him un-stuck. His field of fire right now will allow him to kill a whole bunch of trees but no Americans.

Anybody know anything that works better than anything else? Move? Fast? Hunt?
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2007, 07:20 AM,
RE: Urgent help needed
I usually just stop and throw it into reverse.

Not sure if it does any use but worth a try.

02-03-2007, 07:49 AM,
Using Bootie's strategy usually works for me. Try to make sure it's straight back.
02-03-2007, 08:03 AM,
If it's a scenario or QB i use a 90 degree reverse in relation to his forward move. If it's aN OP don't move the damn thing , don'y risk the immo. you may not get it fixed next battle.

WalkureCry
02-03-2007, 08:05 AM,

OK I'll try that and report what happens.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
02-03-2007, 01:57 PM,
If you run into it with another tank it sometimes nudges them loose.
02-04-2007, 03:11 AM,

He freed himself after about 3 turns whew! That's a relief. I gave him a "Move" order directly ahead relative to his facing & he eventually got going again.

I wonder if the chances of getting immobilized are higher or lower or the same for train tracks as for soft ground or other hazards?
02-04-2007, 03:15 AM,
I didn't noticed-from my experience-that changing that AFV's orders to reverse(or any other command) or 'pushing' it with another afv will increase its chances to free itself.It's just a matter of luck i suppose.
Send this user an email
02-06-2007, 06:05 AM,
Usually letting the vehicle sit a few turns or reversing will unbog it, especially with vet or higher crews. With regulars and below it is probably better to halt it and let it come out of bog by itself.
02-06-2007, 07:54 AM,

Once he got stuck I cancelled his existing move orders & gave him a new "Move" order dead ahead and just left him alone for 3 turns and he got himself free. Ususally when I get stuck it's in soft ground and shortly thereafter the tank becomes immobilized. First time I can remember getting stuck on train tracks.