• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Shock Force....Shlock Farce??
08-07-2007, 01:08 PM,
Shock Force....Shlock Farce??
Seems from the multitude of posts both here and other forums (Battlefront etc), that this game is pretty much a dead loss. Damn shame really....so much time waiting fer the damn thing and so much disappointment when the thing finally does get released.

Does anyone have any confidence that future patches etc will make the game challenging or at least playable...??

Same thing goes for the earlier TOW. Seems that this game is also a real dog. Has this game also died a natural death or is there still people playing it??

- falco.
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2007, 02:02 PM,
RE: Shock Force....Shlock Farce??
There also seem to be people enjoying it.

I dunno. I think it may end playable. I am pretty confident I will buy it, not sure when, maybe after another patch or two has whipped it into some semblance of shape. QBs seem a bit ruined, and are likely to stay that way, but scenarios should be plentiful enough to keep me occupied.
08-07-2007, 04:08 PM,
It seems CM players are a a pessimistic bunch. IMO CMSF is already ok, and once some patches are applied will be great.
08-07-2007, 04:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-07-2007, 04:45 PM by jomni.)
I find the game decent. Quite playable if you're into micro-management (click-fest anyone?). But that does not stop me from enjoying the game. If I were to choose between Company of Heroes or this one, I'll pick CMSF because the game experience is still more realistic (despite the quirks).

The scenario editor is a gold mine. A lot of user-made scenarios are cropping up already. I'd like to play with it if I have time.

Just keep in mind that it is completely DIFFERENT from the old CM. And that's where all the resistance comes from. "Sophomore Syndrome"
Send this user an email
08-07-2007, 06:49 PM,
The resistance, I think, comes from broken pathfinding and serious Line of sight issues that allows units to fire, see and walk through walls, hills and other obstacles.....those objections are hardly sophomore syndrome.
08-07-2007, 07:05 PM,
McIvan Wrote:The resistance, I think, comes from broken pathfinding and serious Line of sight issues that allows units to fire, see and walk through walls, hills and other obstacles.....those objections are hardly sophomore syndrome.

Yup I'm aware of these. Hope they can fix this through patching.
But there are other people who are against the design change.
This cannot be patched.
Send this user an email
08-07-2007, 08:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-07-2007, 08:10 PM by Fubar.)
Well my third PBEM game has been abandoned. Cry

This time it's because our units flatly refuse to fire or move after nearly 8 turns of waiting. :conf:

I'm uninstalling CMSF for a bit and having a breather before i chuck something out the window. :mad:

The best of British to anyone still persevering with the game....you obviously are more forgiving than me.

Such a shame as i was really looking forward to this game.

cheers
08-09-2007, 12:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-09-2007, 12:21 AM by Fullhouse.)
Quote:Just keep in mind that it is completely DIFFERENT from the old CM. And that's where all the resistance comes from. "Sophomore Syndrome"

I hate this line of reasoning. I enjoy lots of other games apart from CMx1 if CMSF was a decent game I would enjoy it to. I dont see the words CM and then become totally inflexible to enjoying a different game.

It just dosnt function properly and the totality of its design is extremely unelegant.
08-09-2007, 01:39 AM,
I think that it will be great game but now it is so annoying that it is hard to play
In my PBEM
1) Strange borg spotting (on ellite level when I click on enemy question mark I can see all enemy forces :)
2) Very strange infantry behaviour - they don't cover and don't shoot unless they are told to do so - but it is too late already.
3) Strykers stacked on edge of the hill - no move forward no move back
4) No fire when moving fast and irrational way finding

It is realy very hard to enjoy the game but it has potential and a lot of positives
1) graphics
2) damage model
3) artillery and air support
4) commands
5) multilevel buildings
6) wounded and death soldiers on the map
7) music and atmosphere :)
Send this user an email
08-09-2007, 02:16 AM,
it's all said that be can said, I'm no more willing to waste my time with CMSF I will withdraw from the CMSF ladder.
So I play CMx1 to have fun again cheers

Andre