• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

unlisted scenario
08-23-2007, 07:18 PM,
unlisted scenario
How do I report a game that is a CMBB scenario but is not on list of scenarios?
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2007, 07:32 PM,
RE: unlisted scenario
bluehand Wrote:How do I report a game that is a CMBB scenario but is not on list of scenarios?

Go to the G4 Scenarios section and follow the instructions there.

If it is one of the scenarios played during the KOTH2 tournament, then IT MUST NOT BE ADDED YET, this is because it has not been realeased to the wider CM community.
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
08-23-2007, 09:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-23-2007, 09:54 PM by RedDevil.)
There's no reason the scenario DATA cannot be entered as it has no relative effect on the FILEs themselves being released, just don't upload the files.. It's not required that a file be uploaded :)

I don't understand how anyone perceives that by just entering scenario data, you've given the scenario to the community?

Any changes to the scenario files can be adjusted by modifying the scenario data and the effect is retroactive to those who have already posted results on the scenario, and the scenario file can be uploaded when ever it's ready to be released by simply modifying the data as well.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
08-23-2007, 10:22 PM,
Point taken and as ever well put RD.
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
08-24-2007, 12:45 AM,
bluehand Wrote:How do I report a game that is a CMBB scenario but is not on list of scenarios?

The FAQ details the instructions on adding a scenario to the db, including the determination of the SM.
08-24-2007, 06:48 AM,
The only counter-point that I have seen made re scenario data listing is that an unfinished version that, for example, lacks balance, can lead to unfavourable balance ratings on the scenario database that does not fairly reflect the quality of the finished product, and leads to it being avoided by players when it might be a great scen.

Which is not to say that anything of the sort is the present case.
08-24-2007, 12:24 PM,
McIvan Wrote:The only counter-point that I have seen made re scenario data listing is that an unfinished version that, for example, lacks balance, can lead to unfavourable balance ratings on the scenario database that does not fairly reflect the quality of the finished product, and leads to it being avoided by players when it might be a great scen.

Which is not to say that anything of the sort is the present case.

Is it possible to contact the author and ask his permission to just put up the scenario data for reporting without adding the actual scenario????

That would nip this in a bud right quick.

Cheers!

Leto
08-24-2007, 07:53 PM,
The scenario I'm trying to add is "Pride of the Luftwaffe". it is a stock (on the game disk) scenario. I tried following the instructions on the add scenario page but got this rejection:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'sd_custom="Stock"' at line 1

SQL what? I did mark it as stock but that was way down in the form not line 1. I don't know... does any one speak batchii or one of the primary languages of water evaporators that is similar in most respects... that can help?

where can I find the FAQ section on this?
08-24-2007, 10:06 PM,
bluehand Wrote:The scenario I'm trying to add is "Pride of the Luftwaffe". it is a stock (on the game disk) scenario. I tried following the instructions on the add scenario page but got this rejection:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'sd_custom="Stock"' at line 1

SQL what? I did mark it as stock but that was way down in the form not line 1. I don't know... does any one speak batchii or one of the primary languages of water evaporators that is similar in most respects... that can help?

where can I find the FAQ section on this?

I *think* that happens when you try to add any scenrio.

To check if the scenario has been added correctly, check the scenario listing.
08-25-2007, 12:52 AM,
Pride of the Luftwaffe is not a stock scenario, it is a Boots and Tracks scenario and it is already listed in our DB.
B&T Pride of the Luftwaffe 19-07-44 CMBB Axis Russia 8 40 15 1 5 83 No 21 2.00

cheers
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard