• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Ending an Advance Operation
10-10-2007, 05:26 AM,
Ending an Advance Operation
I have just tried to finish an Advance style operation by moving tanks to the edge of the map and it does not trigger the end of the operation as it appears to indicate in the manual. Can someone explain to me how many of your units need to reach the edge of the map, and what type. I just assumed that if any one of them reached the edge that was enough to win/trigger the end of the operation?

Thanks in advance (pardon the pun) for any help

cillmhor
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2007, 04:57 PM,
RE: Ending an Advance Operation
you may only be at the end of the map available at the part of the operation.

for instance, Blut and Ehre operation covers several kms of land but you only play on a km or 2 at a time. at the end of each battle the map moves the direction of the person that advanced the most. but it takes a lot of battles to get it to move all the way from one end to the other. You have to get to the end of the overall map not just the current battle map. then the operation will end.
10-10-2007, 06:06 PM,
Thanks for that, after looking at the operation map in the scenario editor it is exactly as you say - the operation map is bigger than the point I reached and so I would have needed to reach another phase for the edge of map finish to trigger. Just as a matter of interest, how is such a parameter factored in when designing an operation? Do you have to specify how much of the map is seen at any one time, or is it automatic when designing an op?

Cheers

cilllmhor
10-10-2007, 06:43 PM,
the designer has too choose if the players see the whole map or only a part of it.

K:stir:
visit WaT HERE!!!
10-10-2007, 07:36 PM,
Great, thanks.:)