• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Well done Falco battlefront have banned you
10-22-2007, 12:43 AM,
Well done Falco battlefront have banned you
LOL I think you up set some one !!.:-) I cant seeing you being to upset.
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2007, 12:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-23-2007, 12:48 AM by falco.)
RE: Well done Falco battlefront have banned you
Yes, it happened a few days ago. And no, it doesnt worry me greatly.....;)

Have to admit it was great fun over there in the days just before Shock Force was released though. The level of arrogance used to be quite stunning. The new true believers were the ones who were embracing the brave new world of RT, 1/1 scale & modern day warfare. When some of us suggested that we didnt believe this was gonna work & might alienate the very people who supported BF in the first place (RD, Geordie, MR etc - they know who they all are), the torrents of abuse and name calling began......and never stopped. Most people drifted away including myself, but now and again I liked to pop over there, log on and begin winding 'em up. Great fun popping the egos of pompous asses!

Since the release of Shlock Force however, its slowly become clear to everybody incld. the anal-retentive Fan-boy club and BF management that its simply not living up to expectations and never going to. Up until the time I was banned I enjoyed writing posts reminding 'em of this fact but instead of receiving heaps of arrogance I started getting hatred......sheer hatred.

Anyway, no skin of my nose. Its quite fun in a bizarre way to be on the receiving end of such negativity. Sad thing is I used to be a core supporter of BF back in the BB & AK days. Now they've only got themselves to blame for the predicament they're in.

- falco.
10-23-2007, 12:59 AM,
LOL falco Well done at giving them a little hell.. Big Grin
I was working on it myself, but rather went for my money back and left it at that :)

BFC will be a long time getting my support / money in the future, they have built their castle and it will crumble on top of them as they alienate the many die hard supporters of the CM-X1 engine. Hard to make a profit when you're selling crap, unless you're in the fertilizer business.

IMO UBI-Soft has stepped up to being a premier software company, that does support their products. Even tho they have a reputation of letting consumers beta test products, they do fix things without calling their customers names and admonishing them for "not getting with it".
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
10-23-2007, 02:55 AM,
What gets me is the total love in, they all have for each other.
10-23-2007, 11:38 PM,
I got banned when they first announced Shocking Farce.

I suggested that they use the theme song from Team America World Police as the intro song.
10-24-2007, 01:00 AM,
Fullhouse Wrote:I got banned when they first announced Shocking Farce.

I suggested that they use the theme song from Team America World Police as the intro song.

:bow:

Someone should do that as a mod......i might reinstall it then. :stir:

cheers
11-07-2007, 11:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-07-2007, 11:08 PM by Mad Russian.)
RedDevil Wrote:LOL falco Well done at giving them a little hell.. Big Grin
I was working on it myself, but rather went for my money back and left it at that :)

BFC will be a long time getting my support / money in the future, they have built their castle and it will crumble on top of them as they alienate the many die hard supporters of the CM-X1 engine. Hard to make a profit when you're selling crap, unless you're in the fertilizer business.

IMO UBI-Soft has stepped up to being a premier software company, that does support their products. Even tho they have a reputation of letting consumers beta test products, they do fix things without calling their customers names and admonishing them for "not getting with it".

Yes, I remember when guys were buying SF just because BF was making it and we support them....I buy games I like, not ones that are needed to support a game companies profits, unless I own the game company....which at the moment I don't.

I never forget that these guys came from Avalon Hill and that was the same stuff they put in the General magazine. I wrote a letter to the editor and told them to stop making crap or they were going to be history. Same thing happened. On all fronts.

The arrogance level was so high you couldn't see the top of the mountain.

Their games were getting so bad you had to redesign them when you got them home with so many house rules it didn't warrant buying the games.

I was told I just didn't get it.

I started getting the beam of negative opinion pointed at me until I stopped supporting them altogether.

They did the same thing with Squad Leader that BF is now doing with CM.
Started off encompassing everything. Then we started breaking it down into smaller and smaller pieces...more and more modules for more and more money. Then we do a complete revision in which just the rules cost you about $100. Sound familiar with what BFC is doing with CM?

IMO, the results should be about the same. Just like AH did with SL/ASL BFC may have made a classic and then go out of business. Just like with SL/ASL CM will live on with or without them.

Jim Rose, another old AH guy did it right, got a few games that were hits then sold Talon Soft and took his money and ran.

Good Hunting.

MR
11-15-2007, 01:09 AM,
Mad Russian Wrote:I never forget that these guys came from Avalon Hill...

I didn't know that.

Mad Russian Wrote:They did the same thing with Squad Leader that BF is now doing with CM.
Started off encompassing everything. Then we started breaking it down into smaller and smaller pieces...more and more modules for more and more money. Then we do a complete revision in which just the rules cost you about $100. Sound familiar with what BFC is doing with CM?

IMO, the results should be about the same. Just like AH did with SL/ASL BFC may have made a classic and then go out of business. Just like with SL/ASL CM will live on with or without them.

I don't think the guys I remember as the driving forces behind ASL (Don Greenwood, Bob McNamara, Charles Kibler) are part of BFC.

There are similarities between SL/ASL and CM at first glance. But I think they're actually very different because 1) SL really had developed into something unwieldy, 2) ASL was a straight forward remake of that unwieldy system that was actually better than the original and 3) the modules were substantial, or as time went on if they were the smaller ones they were not essential to the game. Over all there was value for money in the the ASL system.

So far at least SF isn't like ASL at all, IMO, once you look deeper.
11-15-2007, 05:41 AM,
I played Squad leader alot , but when ASL came out I found it was not so much fun. Yes it was a very detailed game but it you needed to huge rule book to play the game.
11-15-2007, 02:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-15-2007, 02:49 PM by Mad Russian.)
Sgt Barker Wrote:
Mad Russian Wrote:I never forget that these guys came from Avalon Hill...

I didn't know that.

Mad Russian Wrote:They did the same thing with Squad Leader that BF is now doing with CM.

I don't think the guys I remember as the driving forces behind ASL (Don Greenwood, Bob McNamara, Charles Kibler) are part of BFC.

There are similarities between SL/ASL and CM at first glance. But I think they're actually very different because 1) SL really had developed into something unwieldy, 2) ASL was a straight forward remake of that unwieldy system that was actually better than the original and 3) the modules were substantial, or as time went on if they were the smaller ones they were not essential to the game. Over all there was value for money in the the ASL system.

So far at least SF isn't like ASL at all, IMO, once you look deeper.

I never said that the BFC guys were the ones that made ASL just that Charles and the gang are old AH employees.

1) CMSF is something that evolved from CM that is unwieldy.

2) From where I sit CMSF is a straight forward evolutionary remake of CM that has developed into something unwieldy. Just ask BFC they'll tell you it's going to be MUCH BETTER than CMx1.

3) The CMx2 modules are supposed to be something substantial too. Take Normandy in 4 or 5 modules. The Beaches, the hedgerows, hill 112, the breakout...etc...etc...that was the plan that I saw laid out by BFC. And you getting to pay for each of them. Remember SL? All the nations in one box? Then along comes the modules...each specific to it's own time/area. Then there were very specific modules...paratroopers, partisans, Stalingrad Tractor Factory...etc....

The proposed modules I've heard of for CMx2 won't require the entire set to play either. Just like in the old days. These guys learned sales and marketing in "Monarch Publishing's Sales and Marketing 101"

After ASL's entire system started to cost a couple hundred dollars I started to see less and less value for the money. If CM goes that route I'll have the same response. I'll vote with my wallet.

Of course that is just my opinion. You are very welcome to your own opinion of how this is all going.

Good Hunting.

MR