• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Real World Casualties
01-09-2008, 07:09 AM,
Real World Casualties
Over the holidays, two of the three close friends I have hot-seated CM with died.

The guy who gave me this game a bit over a year ago faded right out waiting for the train to take him to work on New Year's Day. There is a PBEM that will never end. I hadn't been able to get him into the club and onto the ladder because he was more interested in WW 2 Online and IL-2 Sturmovik.

When I called another mutual friend to tell him, his father answered the phone and said he had died suddenly in late November, and they had not been able to find my phone number or E-mail address to tell me. Guess he won't get the CM Bundle Pack I sent him for Christmas. My play is even more erratic than ususal, because every time I boot the game, I think of them.

Sorry to cry in public here, but I can't help it.
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2008, 08:56 AM,
RE: Real World Casualties
At first I just read this and then thought to myself, "That is terrible.", and then moved on. I had to stop, kick myself, and then go back. It is true I don't know Extraordinarius, or the two gentlemen cited, but I felt that it was very rude for me not to post something, no matter how small, to a member of our community that is suffering.

Extraordinarius, I'm very sorry to hear of your tragic losses. I hope that with spring will come renewal and more cheerful times. Time heals all.
01-09-2008, 12:51 PM,
My heartfelt condolences Extraordinarius,

to you and to the families of these two guys. You shouldn´t/needn´t excuse your emotions! Nothing I or the comrades of theBlitz can say can help you. I know that by own experience. But Sross is right with "Time heals all".
Sometime you will think by both close friends, you will mourn, but it goes easier to think by their characteristics (their good sides) which made them to your close friends.
Bad joke: Today is the nineth (9.) day of death of one of my best friends. Never I will forget him, but I can live again.

Sempai

Hope I have wrote a understandable english.
01-09-2008, 12:53 PM,
John,
I too am sorry to hear the loss of your friends.
Just know as a community, we do care. As gamers we all share a common bond.
Take care,
Dan.
Send this user an email