• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

FAO Mad Russian
01-10-2008, 06:00 AM,
FAO Mad Russian
I am looking to play a scenario, and yours have been recommended to me.

I'm looking for a fairly well balanced, mid-sized (1000-2500 per side), non african CMAK scenario with at least modest cover for inf movement that is not extremely tank heavy.

Do you have a scen that fits that description?
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2008, 09:47 AM,
RE: FAO Mad Russian
Colonel Talvela Wrote:I am looking to play a scenario, and yours have been recommended to me.

I'm looking for a fairly well balanced, mid-sized (1000-2500 per side), non african CMAK scenario with at least modest cover for inf movement that is not extremely tank heavy.

I recommend Teruba Engagement. It is extremely tank heavy, is in the desert and has only one company of infantry.:whis::cool:

However it is just a great scenario imo and is immense fun, full both of in your face spills and thrills and also a great map full of tactical nuance and opportunities to outfox the opfor.
01-10-2008, 11:00 AM,
Any other recommendations?
01-10-2008, 03:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2008, 03:26 PM by Mad Russian.)
Colonel Talvela Wrote:I am looking to play a scenario, and yours have been recommended to me.

Do you have a unit size limit instead of a points limit? A 1941 points scenario isn't the same as a 1944 points sized scenario.

What do you want to see company wise as a maximum to play with?

Do you prefer Normandy, the Battle of the Bulge, attacking the Siegfried Line, or battles in Germany? You want US or UK?

Or you don't care, you just want what I think may be the best balanced of the lot?

Good Hunting.

MR
01-10-2008, 04:54 PM,
early war is fun. But most important is balance. Don't care about historical at all
01-11-2008, 01:31 PM,
Colonel Talvela Wrote:early war is fun. But most important is balance. Don't care about historical at all

Well mine are all about historical AND balance.

I would say that one of my more balanced fights is HSG N Purple Heart Draw. Try that one and see what you think. Not too big...about 1500 points per side. Set in the Normandy hedgerows. A different kind of a tactical situation than the norm I think.

See what you think of it.

Good Hunting.

MR
01-11-2008, 05:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2008, 05:59 PM by Colonel Talvela.)
will do thanks

btw, where can i download it. It isnt stored here.
01-11-2008, 11:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2008, 11:28 PM by Mad Russian.)
Colonel Talvela Wrote:will do thanks

btw, where can i download it. It isnt stored here.

You can get it from The Scenario Depot II....

HSG N Purple Heart Draw

Hope it plays well for you.

I'll see if it's possible to get my scenarios linked here on the Blitz. Not sure about that though.

Good Hunting.

MR
01-12-2008, 02:36 AM,
MR - while we've got your attention have you/anyone done any scens of the less than giant size featuring the 51st Highland Div?
I searched for "51" and "Highland" at the depot and the proving ground and only came up with big monster (2 Divs) Normandy games

Thanks
01-13-2008, 02:19 AM,
fluidwill Wrote:MR - while we've got your attention have you/anyone done any scens of the less than giant size featuring the 51st Highland Div?
I searched for "51" and "Highland" at the depot and the proving ground and only came up with big monster (2 Divs) Normandy games

Thanks

I don't think I do. I don't have alot of information on the 21st Army Group. I know that there are some that may be coming up in a couple of tournaments due to start in 2008. I have scenarios on the 1st Polish, 15th Scottish, 49th, 50th and 7th Armored Divisions that I know of. But not the 51st. My bad....

At the moment I'm working on 27 scenarios for tournament play this year. Hopefully I'll do a little research on the 51st Highland Division. They have an extensive WWII battle history. Both in France 1940 and then again in 1944 and 1945.

I'll see what I can do about them. I know that there is at least one scenario based in the Scheldt coming up as well. But it's not their part in the fighting that is being modeled. Seems like that's what's happened to them. They were there but the scenario designers have chosen other fights to model.

The only ones I know of at TSDII are the bigger ones as you pointed out. I'm not much help there either.

Sorry I couldn't point you in a better direction than that.

Good Hunting.

MR