• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMBB TCP/IP Howto
01-31-2008, 05:26 AM,
CMBB TCP/IP Howto
Does such a document exist, or can some kind soul describe the setup necessary? I am try to play a tournament game via TCP/IP. Is it possible for both sides to setup their forces and then start TCP/IP play. Any help much appreciated.
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2008, 05:40 AM,
RE: CMBB TCP/IP Howto
`ere we go(i only have the german version.so menue names can vary....):

1.:click START GAME in the main menue

2.:chose quick game,szenario or operation.(if you choose quick game,set the game parameters)

3.:now you can choose what kind of game you wanna play.choose TCP/IP

4.:then you see your IP-adress.send it to your opponent.he then coose MULTIPLAYER-GAME in the main-menue.then he has to click for online-gaming(dont know whats standing there exactly,but its not play by email[pbem]).

5.:the rest is normal.buy,setup,battle :smoke:

but most versions have a manual on the disc or hardware where you can read it
01-31-2008, 05:49 AM,
Quote:5.:the rest is normal.buy,setup,battle smoking

but most versions have a manual on the disc or hardware where you can read it

Thanks for that, from what you describe it does not seem possible to setup a battle, i.e both players buying forces and placing forces, before actual TCP/IP play starts. Is this true? I would like to do this if possible because the setup will take a while, hours probably.
01-31-2008, 06:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-31-2008, 06:05 AM by Marshall666.)
oh,sorry,understand it wrong(bad english :( )...

but its possible to play a pbem game online.but i dont know exactly how it goes.im at work(no cm here),so i cant look and test.

as i remind it exactly,you have to click start game in the main menue.then you see in the menue(where the scenarios are listed) under quick game(or battle)in red letters your last saved games.if they dont stay there,open you last gamefile,save it,and then it must stand there.choose it,then you are able to choose the kind of game(tcp/ip,pbem etc...).

hope thats right and works.give it a try and tell me :soap:
01-31-2008, 06:28 AM,
Quote:as i remind it exactly,you have to click start game in the main menue.then you see in the menue(where the scenarios are listed) under quick game(or battle)in red letters your last saved games.if they dont stay there,open you last gamefile,save it,and then it must stand there.choose it,then you are able to choose the kind of game(tcp/ip,pbem etc...).

OK. I will try that and let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help.
01-31-2008, 08:18 PM,
If you want to tcp just send an email or post on the forum. CMBB, CMAK.

We can start a battle or op by email and complete a few turns by tcp.
02-01-2008, 03:07 AM,
Quote:If you want to tcp just send an email or post on the forum. CMBB, CMAK.

We can start a battle or op by email and complete a few turns by tcp.

Thanks. I might take you up on that, after my opponent gets back to me.
02-01-2008, 11:06 AM,
To play a PBEM game as a TCP/IP battle cant be easier !.

One of you saves the game file @ an ORDERS PHASE ( I normally give mine a file name ending in IP, so I know which is the right file as I am old & thick !Big Grin).

Then you choose to start a new battle and load the saved game file, and on the next screen choose to play it as a TCP/IP battle.

You give your IP address to your opponent, he then joins the battle and you proceed to beat seven shades of s:censored:t out of each other !.
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
02-02-2008, 03:16 AM,
Quote:One of you saves the game file @ an ORDERS PHASE ( I normally give mine a file name ending in IP, so I know which is the right file as I am old & thick !Big Grin).

Then you choose to start a new battle and load the saved game file, and on the next screen choose to play it as a TCP/IP battle.

Understanding has dawned. Thanks to Antoni and Marshall.
02-02-2008, 04:28 AM,
Glad to help !:)
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West