• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Re: Clickie Revisionist Alert
03-27-2008, 12:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-27-2008, 12:04 AM by The Coil.)
Re: Clickie Revisionist Alert
RedDevil Wrote:Ok kiddies, and you know who you are, but just in case you want to play silly games, this post refers to Col Talvela and the Coil, again.

I knew it would only take some time before the forum becomes to boring for you chaps and your itch to spam things up on a topic that has been beaten to death would come back.

You boys can continue your clickie memory lane stroll without postings on the threads to bring them back to the top of the forum list. They are old and dead and will remain so.

Ummm...you seem to have levelled an accusation against both Colonel T and I that really only applies to him. I haven't "posted on threads to bring them back to the top of the forum list". I'm not sure why you think I did, nor why you are threatening me for something Col T did. I dropped the whole clickie topic, like you asked. Maybe clickies have become so associated with me that I just get lumped into other people's clickie infractions. *shrug*
03-27-2008, 12:14 AM,
RE: Re: Clickie Revisionist Alert
Sorry Marko, me boy, but you joined in the fray with your posts just as subtle as can be. Hence, you get a 2nd warning rather than an instant time out. I can be generous or I can be a prick, depending on my day, but I won't spend my time explaining myself for my moderating to the same people over and over.

I'm enforcing a No “thread bumping” policy on clickies and other dead end topics that do not relate to CM or wargaming in general. If a discussion topic has reached conclusion, do not try and “bring it back to life” by posting a trivial message, or one with no content. The Moderators of this forum are the final arbiters on what is, and is not a concluded discussion. Similarly, reposting the same topic repeatedly to continue discussion is frowned upon, and is considered a violation of the forum rules.

Questions? concerns? send me a PM, or an email.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
03-27-2008, 12:19 AM,
No questions or concerns at all. I shall continue to not do those things.
03-27-2008, 12:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-27-2008, 12:28 AM by WarHammer11A.)
Just out of curiosity I have to wonder. Why is this on the message boards? Shouldn't this be handled off-line? I understand the point of the post, but to name names invites a fight.

From Lord Bane
( Warhammer11A and I work together and I didn't realize he was still logged in)
03-27-2008, 12:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-27-2008, 12:34 AM by RedDevil.)
In the past, some things just didn't soak in when it was dealt with in private, or there is a tendency to ignore PMs/emails and use the excuse that they never received something of the nature.

This prevents any sort of misunderstandings or lost communication.

As for fights.. they just get deleted.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
03-27-2008, 12:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-27-2008, 02:33 AM by Colonel Talvela.)
RE: Clickie Revisionist Alert
RedDevil Wrote:In the past, some things just didn't soak in when it was dealt with in private, or there is a tendency to ignore PMs/emails and use the excuse that they never received something of the nature.

This prevents any sort of misunderstandings or lost communication.

As for fights.. they just get deleted.

Is this referring to me? Because I have never been warned for anything in public or private. I was away from the forums when the clickie party turned sour. I was aware of it (happened in sep or oct of 07), but I had left the forum for RL issues.
03-27-2008, 04:33 AM,
RE: Clickie Revisionist Alert
Colonel Talvela Wrote:Is this referring to me? Because I have never been warned for anything in public or private. I was away from the forums when the clickie party turned sour. I was aware of it (happened in sep or oct of 07), but I had left the forum for RL issues.

Absolutely not COL T, You were merely being warned in my other thread about bringing old topics back to light that have long died and bring no beneficial aspirations to our community. Reminiscence all you like of the "good old clickie hell days" in privy, but please don't comment on the threads and have them reappear on the front pages.
03-27-2008, 04:35 AM,
I can live with this. thanks for the clarification
03-27-2008, 05:58 AM,
Hi all,

Well, i am surprised of this public post from the moderator.

First point, as WarHammer11A said, this request could have be sent in a private way to those you wanted to explain your point of view.

Secondly, althought a moderating way has to be enforced on a forum, i wonder how you can treat those active and helpful Blitz members like a teacher moralizing kids who wouldn't have respect an academic rule.
You can't forget what guys like Leto, Colonel Talvela or Geordie did by the past (and still do on this forum for some of them) to advise this great community about CM and all "ways to play" about it and its strategy on the blitz forum. I learnt a lot with their posts. And if some of their debates were not really about the CM spirit, is it a big deal ? Two of them already left the Blitz ! Did you have a look on those recent Colonel Talvela's DAR's ? What a contributory work ! I would be very disappointed if he would also stop posting !

So, i think those regulatory details could be treat in private. And i don't think those guys deserve the court of arbitration for a so unimportant motive. It is not very gratifying for them and i am not sure everybody appreciate.

I just think a sauce need spices. If there are not, it will become tasteless.

cheers.
Jawsconan
Idiots dare everything. That is the way to recognize them (Michel Audiard)
03-27-2008, 06:05 AM,
Mountain out of a molehill.

Very disappointed.