• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Sith Wars to start Fri May 9th
05-09-2008, 03:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2008, 03:36 AM by Colonel Talvela.)
Sith Wars to start Fri May 9th
we will be sending out files may 9th. If you are playing and havent indicated what side you prefer please let us know.

also, since it is a QB with imported troops it is possible to cheat. Not that I expect anybody to cheat, however it has happened to me before in a tournament & probably others. Therefore all parties (including the Sith) need to be aware that their setup files could be requested to be looked at by one of the ladder custodians. The blitz takes a very dim view of cheating and as far as I know bans the offenders without warning (which is a good thing).
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2008, 03:59 AM,
RE: Sith Wars to start Fri May 9th
Why yes we do take a dim view of it Dave.

For those interested, please feel free to refresh your memory on Rule of Engagement 14

https://www.theblitz.club/rules_of_engag....php?id=14
05-09-2008, 04:17 AM,
Colonel Talvela Wrote:we will be sending out files may 9th. If you are playing and havent indicated what side you prefer please let us know.

also, since it is a QB with imported troops it is possible to cheat. Not that I expect anybody to cheat, however it has happened to me before in a tournament & probably others. Therefore all parties (including the Sith) need to be aware that their setup files could be requested to be looked at by one of the ladder custodians. The blitz takes a very dim view of cheating and as far as I know bans the offenders without warning (which is a good thing).

Dark thoughts and dark minds, the sithies have....Jedi cheating, possible not! Light side of the force, Jedi are!
05-09-2008, 05:54 AM,
Quote:also, since it is a QB with imported troops it is possible to cheat.

Cheat? How is this possible? I don't understand...

The only thing I can think of is loading the game up in hotseat mode to see the imported troops already on map... But I wouldn't consider that cheating, just playing smart and being prepared.

But,
You can't replay turns to get the result you want with CM's PBEM...
You can't see your opponents forces...
You don't know your opponents password...

So how the heck is cheating possible in CM?!??
05-09-2008, 06:16 AM,
Anytime you are allowed to take a setup into the editor ...cheating would be possible...other than that, CM is a very secure game.
05-09-2008, 06:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2008, 06:22 AM by Colonel Talvela.)
you can download that scenario file and give yourself extra ammo, more tungsten rounds, etc. With just vehicles their isnt that much room for cheating, but with inf/artillery (which we arent importing) you can add ammo/AT weapons and then use them and the opponent never knows -unless they count artillery rounds that fall.
05-09-2008, 06:23 AM,
Mikey Wrote:The only thing I can think of is loading the game up in hotseat mode to see the imported troops already on map... But I wouldn't consider that cheating, just playing smart and being prepared.

that definitely is not cheating. I hope everybody is doing that so they know what troops are being imported.
05-09-2008, 06:25 AM,
Quote:you can download that scenario file and give yourself extra ammo, more tungsten rounds, etc.

Doesn't "Tournament Save" ing the scenario file make this impossible?
05-09-2008, 07:25 AM,
I always assumed you couldnt load a TS game and import troops into a QB. But I just tested it and that is wrong.

However, if you TS a file, then the opponents cant look into the editor, but they could load it hotseat like you suggested.
05-09-2008, 08:39 AM,
Colonel Talvela Wrote:Therefore all parties (including the Sith) need to be aware that their setup files could be requested to be looked at by one of the ladder custodians.

Does this require giving up our passwords? I have to redo my setup then because I use the same password for every game I play and don't want anyone to know it...
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift