• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Am I crazy?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Oh yeah, 100%
25.00%
4 25.00%
Sure, but with some medical attention you can be cured
25.00%
4 25.00%
No, it's just a CM addiction
50.00%
8 50.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What would YOU like to play? Your opinion counts!
05-12-2008, 05:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-12-2008, 08:10 PM by Koen.)
b_Exclamation Mark  What would YOU like to play? Your opinion counts!
As many of you know I'm addicted to making maps and scenarios...

Therefore...is there some kind of battles you would like to play?

If/When possible I can start designing it...

It can be totally bizarre or weird....The only limit are the turns and points...making sure it will be easy to playtest and design we'll have to limit turns and points.

A "what if" scenario? Sure, why not?

What if the SS were building a fortress in the middle of the Schwarzwald forests and US troops encountered them late '45?

What if the advancing Russian troops encountered an experienced elite SS force consisting of KT's near Berlin?

Maybe it's a foolish idea but hey...it's just an idea?
Maybe we could make a teameffort out of it?

Well....lots of maybe's...Big Grin

K:bow:

ps: I'm totally crazy but...I can't seem to find a game that can/could replace CM in the near future so why not?
visit WaT HERE!!!
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2008, 08:16 AM,
RE: What would YOU like to play?
Well you seem to have the imagination to create these ideas, all I would like to see is a mixed force of infantry and armour, my self a meeting engagement always goes down well, With a small town or village as the prize, gentle rolling hills, for me stay away from desert warfare,

:bow: Ted
05-12-2008, 08:05 PM,
What would YOU like to play?
ok, mixed forces it will be

what do you guys prefer?

defender: fixed units, free or mixed?
attacker: fixed units, free or mixed?
visit WaT HERE!!!
05-13-2008, 12:12 AM,
RE: What would YOU like to play? Your opinion counts!
I personally am into infantry vs infantry types of scenarios. I've been reading a lot of history texts regarding the more common engagements between the standard German infantry divisions and the Russian Rifle divisions. I'd be keen on playing a scenario where the setting is July of 1941, the panzers have moved ahead of the German main body. A German infantry battalion is tasked with clearing a village of remanants of a Russian Rifle battalion.

Just clearing one street corner could be a major operation.
05-13-2008, 12:32 AM,
enigma6584 Wrote:I personally am into infantry vs infantry types of scenarios. I've been reading a lot of history texts regarding the more common engagements between the standard German infantry divisions and the Russian Rifle divisions. I'd be keen on playing a scenario where the setting is July of 1941, the panzers have moved ahead of the German main body. A German infantry battalion is tasked with clearing a village of remanants of a Russian Rifle battalion.

Just clearing one street corner could be a major operation.

I could try to build a village/town on the map almost invisible to tanks and with just bridge with on each side rubble.
This would mean that you'll have to disembark your infantry and conquer that town by foot.
visit WaT HERE!!!
05-13-2008, 01:46 AM,
enigma6584 Wrote:I personally am into infantry vs infantry types of scenarios. I've been reading a lot of history texts regarding the more common engagements between the standard German infantry divisions and the Russian Rifle divisions. I'd be keen on playing a scenario where the setting is July of 1941, the panzers have moved ahead of the German main body. A German infantry battalion is tasked with clearing a village of remanants of a Russian Rifle battalion.

I am just finishing up a scenario that should scratch this itch for you. It pits a section of the German 299th ID against the much depleted Russian 19th Mech. Corps. in July-Aug 1941. Hopefully it will play the same as my Skirmanovo scenario that is in the approved Scenarios section. It is of similar size as well. I am just going through the final playtests that I run myself before I release it to the wolves here to be tuned up. I am loooking to have a little heavy treed battle, an open ground battle, and a small village battle all going on at the same time on a 2000m x 1760m map. There will be some armour as this is on the flank of the 13th Pz Div., but it will not be a armour vs armour clash by no means.
05-13-2008, 05:28 AM,
I'm building a village on the map which will be inpenetratle [huh?] by armor. Infantry will be needed to conquer it.

More ideas are welcome on what you would like to see included!

Planes?

Ideas on the set-up locations and to stick or unstick the forces etc...are welcome!

K
visit WaT HERE!!!
05-14-2008, 03:04 AM,
Waiting for suggestions guys!

If/When you make suggestions we can build a 'Blitz'scenarios that can be build/commented and playtested by Blitz'members' !

K
visit WaT HERE!!!
05-15-2008, 12:13 AM,
Ratzki Wrote:

I am just finishing up a scenario that should scratch this itch for you. It pits a section of the German 299th ID against the much depleted Russian 19th Mech. Corps. in July-Aug 1941. Hopefully it will play the same as my Skirmanovo scenario that is in the approved Scenarios section. It is of similar size as well. I am just going through the final playtests that I run myself before I release it to the wolves here to be tuned up. I am loooking to have a little heavy treed battle, an open ground battle, and a small village battle all going on at the same time on a 2000m x 1760m map. There will be some armour as this is on the flank of the 13th Pz Div., but it will not be a armour vs armour clash by no means.

That does sound right up my alley. Looking forward to this. I too am building a scenario. It is the first I've ever tried in the editor. I am using the idea from an old "Skirmish Campaigns" rule booklet. It is the initial assault on Sollum in 1940 North Africa by the Italian infantry of the 1st Libyan division. I'm making it a small reinforced company level action agains British reconaisance elements of the Coldstream Guards.

I've been reading so much about the problems of the Italian infantry that I thought it would be interesting to try and simulate what it may have been like to be a young Italian company officer told to assault a village with nothing but your infantry company and a few minor support weapons. I think one would learn or need to learn some basic company and platoon tactics to say the least.Big Grin
05-15-2008, 12:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-15-2008, 12:37 AM by enigma6584.)
Koen Wrote:I'm building a village on the map which will be inpenetratle [huh?] by armor. Infantry will be needed to conquer it.

More ideas are welcome on what you would like to see included!

Planes?

Ideas on the set-up locations and to stick or unstick the forces etc...are welcome!

K

I would leave out the armor IMHO. Any armor on the Axis side. I would probably put some T-60s or very small T-28s (1 maybe 2) on the Allied side. The Allies would be a straggling Russian Rifle company (maybe 2) with one extra platoon of something else with those two tanks mentioned above.

I would IMHO make the assault on the village as a pure German infantry operation from one of the many such units which operated in that theater. The point of the scenario would be to give the player (on Axis side) the challenge of maneuvering and positioning his infantry squads in positions of superb support of one another. Of having some recon platoons do proper reconoitering of the approach to the village and the identificaiton of any opposition forces.

Of then maneuvering that German combat infantry battalion into postion and then finding out there are some Russian tanks to deal with as well. How do they deal with it? How do they take that village, clear that village while keeping casualties down?

The Axis side would have the normal infantry support that would be expected from a typical German infantry battalion in summer of 1941. Probably would have a couple of FO in contact with the off map artillery and probably 2-3 small 37mm AT guns. Maybe some actual towed howitzers or infantry guns as well. You would need to either have a set-up where they were already in position or have trucks available for towing since we don't have horse drawn wagons simulated in this game.

You could make several scenarios with this same theme, exact same village or map except you change out the Axis forces. For example, this initial scenario simulates German infantry operation, second could be a Rumanian infantry operation, third an Italian infantry operation with its equipment specifics. Fourth could be Finnish operation up in the North. The point being that the player would get to experience the different tactics he must utilize in order to use the strengths and minimize the weakness of whatever OOB he is using. How does he attack the village with a Rumanian OOB? How does this differ if he is playing Italian or German. Does he notice any differences?

IMHO, it would be very interesting and exciting to try and get your virtual squads to take that village per your commands. We all know how those little guys like to do things not specific to your particular orders from time to time.Big Grin

Anyway, those are my ideas.