• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Battleground selling CMBO again
05-23-2008, 10:53 PM,
Battleground selling CMBO again
I just happened to notice that Battle ground is selling Beyond Overlord again as a downloadable for $15.00. This gives me a leap of probably completely unjustified optimism about the future.

Now if only they would straighten out the 81mm mortars....
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2008, 10:55 PM,
RE: Battleground selling CMBO again
This game although not being as technically sound or graphically nice as BB and AK is still a fun game to play.
05-24-2008, 12:43 AM,
RE: Battleground selling CMBO again
Sorry for being the prickly stickler, but its "Battlefront", not "Battleground".

http://www.battlefront.com/

I have fond memories of "Valley of Trouble", one of the scenarios that came with the Demo... I must have played that one scenario two dozen times before buying CMBO... "So THIS is how a PROPER wargame plays like!" My exact words...

I picked up CMBB as soon as it came out... Wow, what a shock! MG's were master of the battlefield now, and when once running into the enemy working well, now it was a suicide wish...

Low quality Russians seemed to eat dirt every time a twig snapped. A venomous tauting by the enemy would send them routing.

The suppression model is light years improved in CMBB, and so is the variety of Kit, my God! I'm still finding new vehicles, and the game is what, 10 years old?

That's staying power...

Sorta like the videogame Starcraft, which is at least 10 years old now...

Did you that "Starcraft" is Korea's national sport? No kidding. They have leagues, teams, coaches, the whole shebang... it's big bucks over there, and stadiums have been filled with people paying to see two teenagers sitting in booths, playing a videogame thats projected over a big screen.

The players are national celebrities.. They can't walk down the street without being mobbed by throngs of teenage Koreans fangirls... They are interviewed on national talk shows. I have heard that the most famous Starcraft player, nickname Boxer, was asked by the Chinese to carry their flag at the opening ceremonies at the Olympics being held in China. He refused though.

But is it really so surprising that in 2008 a video game would be a national sport??? Something to think about...