• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Brewing up knocked out / abandoned tanks
05-30-2008, 09:59 AM,
Brewing up knocked out / abandoned tanks
Anybody every had any success shooting up a knocked-out enemy tank to set it on fire & prevent recovery in the next round of an operation? I try it from time to time but have never got one to burn.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2008, 12:33 PM,
RE: Brewing up knocked out / abandoned tanks
I don't think you need to make knocked out tanks burn. All you need to do is convert "abandoned" tanks to knocked out...that does the business.
05-30-2008, 01:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-30-2008, 01:13 PM by Jobu88.)
Really???? I thought I read somewhere that they had to be on fire.

Page 47 CMBB: Note: armored vehicles that catch fire ("brew up") are not repairable. Combat Mission BB allows ordnance to shoot at armored vehicles which are already knocked out, for the specific purpose of setting them on fire and prohibiting repair

That implies that if they're only knocked out and not burning, they can be repaired. Which makes perfect sense.

I was just curious if anyone has ever got a knocked out tank to burn by shooting it up. Damned if I can make it work.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
05-30-2008, 01:37 PM,
Hmmm! I guess you're right.

I've had some luck, but mostly with halftracks and other small stuff.
05-30-2008, 03:20 PM,
Tried to BBQ a Pz IV a couple of days ago with 2 37mm & & 75mm without luck...Lots of penetr:censored:...but no fire :(
visit WaT HERE!!!
06-01-2008, 03:44 AM,
Does this also apply to CMAK? Please say no as Andreas and I are just beginning Game 7 in Pied Peiper. If I have to face all those PZIVs and Panthers again, I'll be in real trouble...btw and big shoutout to my great opponent, we have been playing for about two years witha one year hiatus when I deployed. Salute, Andre!
06-01-2008, 03:51 AM,
I agree, Andre is an excellent person to do battle with, no issues with turn times, which is great seeing as he always seems to be going to beer festivals and all that.;) Been playing Epsom with him for over a year myself.
06-01-2008, 04:07 AM,
Lucky man, isn't he? We have a few here in the Indianapolis area but they just aren't as cool as the ones I stumbled through as a young soldier in Germany. On the up side, we do have good local beer available.
06-01-2008, 05:28 AM,
We would have beer fests here in Canada but you need beer to get people to help organize things. Then you need more beer to get people to help set things up. Then you have to have a few to celebrate the good job that you just did. Prettty soon there is no more beer for the festival.
06-01-2008, 08:58 AM,
Has anyone tried engineer demolition charges? Just curious.