• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Clans
08-15-2008, 10:38 PM,
Clans
I am new to CM. I have been perusing the forum (infrequently) and kept seeing references to FGM, etc. I finally figured out what it means.

With that in mind I have a question. What are the various clans out there available to join? I think it would maybe help my learning experience if I were to try out one of the clans.

Comments?
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-2008, 10:48 PM,
RE: Clans
The FGM was originally set up by myself and another member Loic many moons ago when we both became a bit perturbed by the fact that so many tournaments started here at the Blitz and never finished. We wanted a place where a few guys who would see things through in regards to tournaments could be guaranteed that.

We set it up and recruited guys from the Blitz with the same mentality.

You can see guys still carry the FGM tag beside there names. Apart from a bit of shameless promotion this was also there because back in the day there were a few other clans (or clubs) about... [UF] {RT} CMHQ:PL to name a few... not many exist today. The FGM tags still hang around though... members can drop them from their handle now as they dont have much of a reason to still be there to be honest.

Anyway the FGM snowballed and now we are happy running tournaments etc over at the FGM forums and their is a fine interaction between the Blitz and FGM forums.

We did look to integrate with the Blitz due to a lack of tournaments being run here but recently that has changed and both POS and Mikey have stepped up to run quality tournaments for the members here so basically the FGM pooters away in the background happy playing their own tournaments which anyone is welcome to take part in if they so wish. Be warned though there is a stringent procedure for getting accepted into the ranks of the FGM which involves Chinese Water torture and being tickled repeatedly with a large feather duster.

If tournaments are your bag then by all means join... if its tactics etc you want to see then my suggestion is you wont find a better place on the web for tactics tips and pointers than POS's posts in the tactical section.
08-15-2008, 11:02 PM,
Join the FGM Red bird.....all of the other clans are girly men who only wish they were a part of the well oiled machine that is the FGM!!!
Lord Bane (FGM)
08-15-2008, 11:21 PM,
I actually am interested in joining FGM.

I have never played in a tourney but it seems a good way to gain experience in CM.
08-17-2008, 04:23 PM,
Come on over, you won't regret it!
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email