• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What are your ladder goals?
08-21-2008, 01:31 AM,
What are your ladder goals?
I've noticed different players look at the ladder in different ways. We've had some that look only at ELO and their goal is to have the best ELO rating. Others may want to lead in number of games played. Others in win percentage. Other's perhaps a win streak.

What are your personal ladder goals, if any?
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2008, 01:44 AM,
RE: What are your ladder goals?
I dont have any ladder goals. I just enjoy playing the game and use the Blitz to keep a fair old record of what Ive played and against who.
08-21-2008, 02:09 AM,
I have no real goals either, just having a good time and trying to win more then I lose. I have just posted the Ladder results after a discussion on changing the Ladder came up a few weeks ago. If it generates interest, I will keep it up every month or so, see who the movers and shakers are. Showing the win percentage after a minimum of 10 games lets some reletively new members have a chance of getting on the list without having to play 300+ games.
08-21-2008, 06:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-21-2008, 08:18 AM by Zemke.)
I surrendered my last few games, so I have no goals on the ladder anymore either. I used to just try and win as many as I could back in the day when I was playing a lot. But I prefered TCIP with time limits, and getting one of those is pretty tough, but back then I used to pip myself out to any Blitz member on ICQ asking for a TCIP game, till I got one too. It got to the point to win a PBEM game, I had to really go into mico-management mode of every sqaud, team and vehicle and I just could not get into that. So I started to do more operational type games. Sorry to diverge from the primary topic. But to answer the question again, to win an many as I could against whomever I played.

I need to get me one of those cool looking hat, man, mouse pictures under my name.
08-21-2008, 06:22 AM,
I enjoy just playing and chatting a little. The ELO ranking is the only ladder feature I watch.
Send this user an email
08-21-2008, 06:31 AM,
watching the ladder position killing game enjoyment :) I prefer to play scenarios or not common condition games then collecting victories.
Blitz ladder is a great personal war-diary :)
Send this user an email
08-21-2008, 07:07 AM,
I dont play nearly enough games or fast enough to make any impact on the ladder so I try to keep my win % above 50.

If my ELO ever improves I'll brag about that but first i have to work out how to use vehicles, infantry, artillery, support weapons, terrain and LOS.

:pullhair:
08-21-2008, 07:59 AM,
While I like playing CM I think the points and ladder situation is all part of the game, we all have to have a target to aim for, makes it so much more interesting.

cheers Ted
REAL OPPONENTS SEE THE BATTLE OUT TO THE END, WINNING OR LOSING
08-21-2008, 12:31 PM,
Depending on people's privacy, I like playing for a "postcard " - who ever loses mails a post card from their local area .... ! as for the ladder, apparently it would take me 3 decades to move into the top ten (in reality , longer - I'm bit of a push over :) )
08-21-2008, 08:52 PM,
Personnally, my goal is to have a win rate of .75
It's currently at .747

Though obsessing about such things can take the fun out of the game, so it's not that important.