• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hey POS!
11-21-2008, 03:22 AM,
Hey POS!
Have you ever modeled the reaction time of hidden troops with a covered arc in responding to an ingress of their arc?

Was pondering tactics to activate hidden troops with arc ambushes without just "scouting by getting ambushed."

Was wondering if driving up an armored vehicle and then reversing it gives enough time to avoid grenade bundles, panzerfausts, zooks and such... probably not.

Maybe it's just a question of expecting that half squad or LMG tm will be a sacrifice?
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2008, 12:09 PM,
RE: Hey POS!
I've never run tests but I know from observation that hiding infantry with an arc will usually un-hide on their own initiative and start shooting/grenading etc if the enemy get real close (say around 20 metres or less), I suppose their instinct for self-preservation kicks in.
However occasionally somebody won't un-hide and the enemy will get close enough to put a gun barrel in the back of his neck, that's the risk you take when giving hide orders..

As for advancing and reversing AFV's to trigger hiders, it might or might not work because the moving vehicle spots poorly and might not even see the grenade-thrower who killed him, so you lose a vehicle for nothing.

Personally I prefer loads of tank area-fire to flush out infantry, it works whether they're hiding or not because they begin wriggling around under area-fire and appear on the map and can be dealt with.

Hey, I hang at FGM a lot nowadays, look in sometime..:)

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/forum/index.php
Quote this message in a reply