• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NP1 D-Day The Race for Caen
11-29-2008, 11:07 PM,
NP1 D-Day The Race for Caen
Looks a very interesting campaign. If anyone wants to give this monster op a go by e-mail as a ladder game please give me a hoy. I'm happy to play either side.
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2008, 02:45 AM,
RE: NP1 D-Day The Race for Caen
I'll go, send the set up.
12-04-2008, 01:19 PM,
Gidday Herroberst,

a brave and courageous decision particularly since I put the request in the wrong thread apparently (should have been in the General forum which has more than a couple of posts a year so i've been told).

If its up to me, I'll pick German if that's ok. The only issue is the weather first round. Clear or overcast substantially benefits the Germans as it allows the bunkers to range all down the beach. Historically it was fog which is why the pre-attack allied bombardment was so pathetic, so I'm happy to set up with fog first round if you agree (any worse jeopardises the chances of the jabos showing up in later rounds as we find out it rains all day June 6).

Normally I play scenarios double blind (neither side knows the reinforcements or arrival hexes etc) but admittedly in this campaign I have mucked around with set ups for both sides (historically both sides historically had been 'wargaming' exactly this scenario for the last 3 years after all) so happy for you to have a couple of test runs if you feel the need (the start can be a killer for the allies if they all get hit on the beach).

But don't know any of the reinforcements or whatever obstacles/benefits (and most particularly those nasty Jabos) the future rounds may hold and happy to stay ignorant so that it becomes a bit more realistic for us as commanders, if you are.

Finally as per the recommendations of the designers I won't rotate the padlocked bunkers.

If you are happy with that (me German, fog first round, no rotation of padlocked bunkers (the free placement bunkers being a very different matter:)) I'll do my set up and forward it to you. If you would rather a different start please give me a hoy, as I say happy to play either side and from the scenario depot and the results here, it looks pretty interesting and pretty balanced.

Regards
The Baron (picks up his gage)
12-05-2008, 03:52 AM,
Yes, lets start with historic fog, getting mowed down on the beaches would be problematic assuming there is no naval gunfire equivalent where I can direct fire and drop 5", 8", 14" gunfire on your head :). This is a huge campaign so suggest no mirror - we can move on to something else afterwards.
12-08-2008, 10:44 AM,
I'm open for another big one.

Walkure
12-08-2008, 04:20 PM,
I'll take a shot Walkure, if you have an opening. :)
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
12-08-2008, 10:38 PM,
Walkure Wrote:I'm open for another big one.

Walkure

Gidday Walkure,

happy to play a large campaign/scenario if you can recommend one. Just started NP1 DDay to Caen desperately saving the fatherland from those hated Canadians but the invasion scenarios/campaigns are very interesting so if you know of any other similar ones please make a suggestion.

Regards
The Baron
12-08-2008, 11:15 PM,
Wigam Wrote:I'll take a shot Walkure, if you have an opening. :)

pick a side set it up and send it over.

Walkure
12-08-2008, 11:20 PM,
Baron von Snafu Wrote:
Walkure Wrote:I'm open for another big one.

Walkure

Gidday Walkure,

happy to play a large campaign/scenario if you can recommend one. Just started NP1 DDay to Caen desperately saving the fatherland from those hated Canadians but the invasion scenarios/campaigns are very interesting so if you know of any other similar ones please make a suggestion.

Regards
The Baron

1- Blut un ehre
2- op epson
3- Monty's gambit

if any of those are good pick a side set it up and send it over, don't mind mirror

Walkure
12-09-2008, 07:25 PM,
Righto Walkure, I'll check them out and send a set up to you.

Regards
The Baron