• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

To All My Opponents
12-30-2008, 06:25 AM,
To All My Opponents
Hi All,

The big storm that swept through Southeastern Michigan, knocked out our power from approximately 5:00 AM, Sunday morning, December 28 to Monday afternoon (approximately 1:30 PM), December 29th.

I have most likely received all your turns and will be working on getting back up and running tonight.
Please allow a 24-hour grace period for my returns.

Sorry for the delays.

Sincerely,
Ken
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2008, 07:19 AM,
RE: To All My Opponents
Hi All,

Everyone should have their turns back.
If you haven't gotten a turn, then post here or e-mail me a re-send.

Cheers,
Ken
12-31-2008, 08:49 AM,
Looks like you are getting the same weather back east as I am out here in the west. Nothing to do but batten down the hatches and ride it out. We are going to get another dump of snow and wind late tomorrow, early the next day. The good news is that the snow is well over my boots so my wife will not make me go and shovel the white stuff. :)
01-02-2009, 03:44 AM,
Ratzki Wrote:Looks like you are getting the same weather back east as I am out here in the west. Nothing to do but batten down the hatches and ride it out. We are going to get another dump of snow and wind late tomorrow, early the next day. The good news is that the snow is well over my boots so my wife will not make me go and shovel the white stuff. :)

Hi Dallas,

The wife and I agreed that in our whole life, we had never heard the wind roar so long, and loud, the whole night long (bear in mind, we don't live in a hurricane zone).
It sounded like a jet plane or giant vacumn-cleaner was hovering about the house...!

Monday afternoon when the power finally came back on, the temp in the house was down to 43 degrees.
I was considering buying a generator (if there were any left in the stores), or getting a plumber over to help me drain all the pipes before freeze-up...!

Cheers,
Ken
01-02-2009, 05:38 AM,
We are getting what looks to be anoth 4-5 inches of snow on top of the 16 inches or so still on the ground. Had a good wind last night as well, it has uprooted a few 75 foot tall trees near my house. It has tapered off at the moment but we are in for another blast tonight sometime, snow and wind. Eek