• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

MB caught fire
04-14-2009, 11:57 PM,
MB caught fire
To all those who I am currently playing just to let you know that my mother board actually caught fire three days ago, I am writing this from my work PC. My PC was taken away today for repair and I should have it back early next week with an upgraded MB (and perhaps CPU if I can afford one Big Grin) till then take this chance for a fag break :smoke: before all hell breaks loose on you again :)
I am proud to be British but I thank god that I am Welsh
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2009, 02:07 AM,
RE: MB caught fire
Brought to you by Lucas Electric, the people who invented darkness?:P
04-15-2009, 10:22 AM,
I hope it didn't cause too much damage ?
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
04-15-2009, 02:52 PM,
That's the most dramatic computer crash I've heard of. How many games were you running at the time?
I hope they give you a nice fancy new one. Let me know if you need me to resend the last turn.
04-15-2009, 06:22 PM,
There wasn't any damage done to my house etc as it was only a very small flame, but it was quite hard to blow out which made me glad I was there when it happend and not just my teenage kids. The tech guy phoned me last night just to confirm what I already knew that the MB was not repairable and I would need a new one. I should get it back Tuesday but I can't afford a new CPU, the new board however will be Duo 2 capable so maybe next year I'll upgrade it, I will however be getting new RAM to suit the new board.
As for turns there shouldn't be a problem as the HD should not have been affected :thumbs_up: but I'll keep you all posted if any unwanted problems arise.
04-16-2009, 10:05 AM,
I told you to stop trying to get that real smoke generator to work on your CM games..
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.
04-22-2009, 05:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-22-2009, 05:52 AM by Phil Davies (FGM) .)
ok just got my PC back and now I'm up and shooting back at ys all .. I get turns out ASAP Big Grin

It was the sparks and the smoke which made it really exciting .. lol just neede a few bangs to off and I'd be reaching for my tin hat :P