• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Fog question for all who can help...
05-13-2009, 03:39 AM,
Fog question for all who can help...
I am testing a new video card and was wondering - when you have fog on your battlefield is it always the same thickness or can you set it to different extremes as with rain? Right now all of my fog settings show the same fog thickness. Just wondering if that is the way it is all the time.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2009, 03:47 AM,
RE: Fog question for all who can help...
Yes, that is the way it is, graphically speaking. Fog has the same exact look at all three levels for fog on my computer also.
Check in CMBB only
05-13-2009, 04:30 AM,
Same fo me.
05-13-2009, 06:20 AM,
Are there different degrees/extremes of rain? My cmbb only has these:
>>Rain
>>Fog and Rain
And I assumed (never tried it) it was the same level of rain for both, just with fog thrown in for the 2nd one.

My fog settings are:
>>Fog and Rain
>>Fog
>>Thick Fog

I have never been able to see fog in any CM game (even through 3 different pc's now since I first got the games), and always thought it would be a neat visual, since the cmbo opening video does show one fog-covered wooded area with troops on the move through it. But game-wise, I never see fog; only the limited visability is applied to the unit capabilities.
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
05-13-2009, 07:22 AM,
THat helps - thanks!
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
05-13-2009, 10:27 AM,
Mad Baron Wrote:Are there different degrees/extremes of rain? My cmbb only has these:
>>Rain
>>Fog and Rain
And I assumed (never tried it) it was the same level of rain for both, just with fog thrown in for the 2nd one.

My fog settings are:
>>Fog and Rain
>>Fog
>>Thick Fog

I have never been able to see fog in any CM game (even through 3 different pc's now since I first got the games), and always thought it would be a neat visual, since the cmbo opening video does show one fog-covered wooded area with troops on the move through it. But game-wise, I never see fog; only the limited visability is applied to the unit capabilities.

Try updating your graphics card driver, it worked for me :)
05-16-2009, 04:20 AM,
So, my question still stands. Are there different extremes of rain you can set, as mentioned in the first post?? I only have Rain or Fog and Rain in CMBB, and the rainfall is the same in either one.

(And as far as seeing fog in the game, I would think a brand new computer would already have a graphics card able to display fog in an old game!!?? Just seems weird that I would already need to upgrade something in a brand new pc, but I'm no tech wizard...[p.s. - my previous pc from Staples was a bummer; impossible to upgrade the installed graphics card right from day 1]) :(
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
05-16-2009, 04:33 AM,
If it's brand new then you shouldn't have to update i suppose but often back compatability is a an afterthought so only gets released in later driver versions. Also you won't necciserily get the latest driver versions on a brand new PC.

And as far as I'm aware there is only one level of rainfall.
05-16-2009, 11:19 AM,
Joonny Wrote:And as far as I'm aware there is only one level of rainfall.

No my rain changes from light to medium to heavy when I hit shift+W, but the fog stays the same.
05-20-2009, 03:27 PM,
At least you have fog. :(