• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

If you were Bill Gates and could commision a new CM
10-05-2006, 07:25 PM,
RE: If you were Bill Gates and could commision a new CM
I'm definitely in with Peek in regards to moving a group of vehicles, particularly on a road. It's very frustrating that something as simple as moving four trucks in column down a road for one or two km ends up as a smash up derby because of a bend in the road.
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2006, 10:56 PM,
-BETTER GRAPHICS !
like explosions with dynamic lights, especially in night battles, better craters and foxholes, better moving vehicles

- VARIETY in look of knocked out vehicles

- normal ROUND (!) wheels with a little bit simulation of shock-absorbers.
10-06-2006, 06:48 AM,
...i like the thought of flares...would make night/snow games more fun for sure...go back to the shock wave of CMBO...looks so cool...
i never use roads that often,so not really have the traffic jam problem...
and number one for me,just because i'm a Partisan fan...
make pillboxs stronger,and more easy to keep hidden...lol

GoM
10-06-2006, 07:02 AM,
I would change the "next unit" key so it doesn't cycle through dead vehicles. Why do I want to keep looking at my own knocked out vehicles over and over?
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
10-06-2006, 04:02 PM,
I agree -- besides upgrading the eye candy, I think the road movement thing would be a very good thing to fix... I have learnt over the years how to nurse a convoy along with careful waypoints and carefully watching unit delays , but it is ridiculously difficult.
10-07-2006, 01:20 AM,
Have both "bogged vehicles" and "damaged guns" be optional battle parameter features that you could turn on or off.

Fix the "cover panic" logic so that when an infantry squad panics 1 meter away from wonderful cover, they don't turn around and try to sneak back across 75 meters of open ground.
10-07-2006, 09:35 AM,
ok if its bills money - i would like to see a ww2 version of total war type series -with cm battles set up by interacting with the map - and how about taking the turns into FPS territory where you would get a chance to take some shots - say from AT guns or snipers -all with top graphics,sound etc - this may take upall of bills money if you included the machines to run it but this is what if isnt it
10-08-2006, 04:47 PM,
RE: ��If you were Bill Gates and could commision a new CM

Which manual and where?

I know you can target unseen units, but it lasts for about 1 sec. Definately not long enough for the turret to track.
[/quote]

In the CMAK manual its on page 83, under targetting, its in CMBB too but I cant find my paper copy of hand.

W
10-08-2006, 05:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-08-2006, 10:13 PM by Minuteman.)
Here's a curveball for you all:

How about a better terrain editor in the scenario editor? Some changes:

All terrain types on one screen - who wants to scroll for some types of terrain?
All map on one screen, no matter how big. (w/in reason, I guess - some Ops do have some gigantic maps)
Elevation change buttons - how often have I changed the dimensions of the map while attempting to change the elevation.

Also, why should I have to refer to a spreadsheet or experience while purchasing units in a QB? Standard ammo load, HE/AT breakout...I know a .50 cal does more damage than a .30 cal, but why not put the damage info in the setup screen? It takes a lot of games to memorize which tanks have a shot trap you want to avoid...

Lastly, I'd like to be able to watch the entire battle in movie format after an op - why should that great assault or bazooka shot be lost after you go on to the next turn? I think my computer has room for the data. Imagine how AARs could be if you could actually post a battle file?

But I wouldn't change anything that would make CMAK/CMBB another FPS/RTS game wannabe - its got a loyal niche fighting for hull down positions. Much love to BF!

Minuteman
10-09-2006, 01:31 AM,
RE:����If you were Bill Gates and could commision a new CM
fluidwill Wrote:Which manual and where?

I know you can target unseen units, but it lasts for about 1 sec. Definately not long enough for the turret to track.

In the CMAK manual its on page 83, under targetting, its in CMBB too but I cant find my paper copy of hand.

W
[/quote]

Cheers for that, must have missed it when I read it through.