• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Re: Clickie Revisionist Alert
03-27-2008, 06:44 AM,
RE: Re: Clickie Revisionist Alert
For several months things have been easy and smooth here.
Must be spring time tho because....

I don't have a clue why those old threads were brought forth or why the subtle trolling/baiting of POS rose out of the ashes.
I don't know why the same person who was warned of these types of violations decided to stick his 2 cents into the fray and make a comment that only got him a warning, then proceeded to make a bit more out of it.
I don't know why the Cm forum is the only one that has these issues with members that like to walk the line for the laughs.
I don't know why we have had all the attention seekers show up here.

I do know Dave apologized and we're clear on what got me in a frenzy and those old threads are locked and the clickie subject is not one to be jolly good timed around here. We're cool on the issue unless he has something else to query about.
I do know Coil went a bit overboard and he's gonna be singing his song elsewhere for a bit.
I do know my moderating is a bit unorthodox to some who may have been pacified elsewhere, but it is necessary to keep non-beneficial corruption of our forums down. Some stuff we can just do without, period.

Sadly not everyone shares my views on the subject, but then you are free to choose to deal with it or not, no one forces anyone to do something here. I just enforce things if these actions violate a policy.

So.. when everyone's done rubbernecking it here, we can get back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
03-27-2008, 06:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-27-2008, 06:58 AM by Colonel Talvela.)
RE: Clickie Revisionist Alert
RedDevil Wrote:For several months things have been easy and smooth here.
Must be spring time tho because....

I don't have a clue why those old threads were brought forth or why the subtle trolling/baiting of POS rose out of the ashes.

I will make my apology public. I did the subtle trolling.

Re why the bumping of the clickie threads: honestly - it had nothing to do with trolling/baiting of POS, but was due to my stroll down memory lane from the inquiry that the new PP-guy (cant remember his full handle) brought up. I can see now where it seemed my actions were meant to cause a stink, but actually the two events were unrelated.

Anyway, my apology to POS, RD, McI, Coil, and everybody else.

As RD says, back to gaming
03-27-2008, 07:06 AM,
Hey Colonel T, your Trident Medal and 50 bonus points should be showing up in your stats by now..:)

(Every competitor gets the medal and 50 pts except the winner who gets the medal and 100 pts, and the trophy)
03-27-2008, 08:08 AM,
RE: Clickie Revisionist Alert
Colonel Talvela Wrote:I will make my apology public. I did the subtle trolling.

Re why the bumping of the clickie threads: honestly - it had nothing to do with trolling/baiting of POS, but was due to my stroll down memory lane from the inquiry that the new PP-guy (cant remember his full handle) brought up. I can see now where it seemed my actions were meant to cause a stink, but actually the two events were unrelated.

Anyway, my apology to POS, RD, McI, Coil, and everybody else.

As RD says, back to gaming

Nothing to aplogise for Col T. If you did any trolling at all, it was so subtle I didn't even see it and certainly no one complained about it to me as assistant mod. There's only one person on this entire forum gets this upset about clickies. Rest of us are, as far as I can tell, more or less indifferent and/or mildly amused/bored with them...take your pick. For people to get banned is absolutely ridiculous......completely over the top and totally unnecessary.

As Randy says...this forum has been quiet these last few months. It should still be quiet and would have been. Your little memory lane would soon have dropped off the front page and we wouldn't have one of our best posters banned for trying to publicly defend himself against public aspersions.

Very, very disappointed.
03-27-2008, 08:22 AM,
Well the best poster should have taken his warning with a bit of sense and STFU instead of rambling on like he did.
I don't care that you want to defend him for denying his petty involvement in the baiting /trolling of POS with his subtle stab. He was warned before to stop and he did it again and earned a second warning. Then he proceeded to post again after I posted that the discussion was to go offline.
Therefore he has ignored authority and earned his ban, all by his lonesome.

There is nothing more to discuss on the matter on these forums, I have explained my actions for the last time. Continuing to berate or imply otherwise will be construed as ignorance and a failure to comply with the forum moderator and can result in disciplinary actions.

Nothing to see here... move on now
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard